At Abbey we aim to provide a stimulating and challenging learning environment where all pupils can attain their full potential
This will be accomplished in the following ways:
• Children will receive the highest quality of learning and teaching.
• Children will be provided with a learning atmosphere in which they can fully develop their academic and social skills.
• Children will attain very high standards of behaviour.
• All children will have access to a carefully planned, exciting, relevant and connected curriculum, which promotes a positive attitude to learning.
• All staff set very high expectations for all children in order to raise levels of achievement of individuals and across the school.
• The needs of all children, including those who are gifted and talented or those with special educational needs are met within the school curriculum.
• All children are encouraged to develop as individual thinkers and learners, taking responsibility for their own lives.
• The school will provide for the physical, social and moral development of every child.
• Children will be encouraged to show the good values of courtesy, sensitivity and tolerance as appropriate in a multi-racial community. The school will not tolerate any discrimination or inequality of opportunity.
• We employ our resources, both human and material as effectively as possible.
• We are at the ‘cutting edge’ of innovation.
• We develop effective partnerships with parents and use the school as a community resource.
We expect that this will enable the children of Abbey to become:
• Literate and numerate, achieving their maximum potential and giving them a range of life choices.
• Alert, motivated and able to set and monitor progress towards their own targets.
• Happy, contented and at ease with themselves and others.
• Confident, independent and inspired to learn.
• Responsible for and engaged in their own learning.
• Valued and valuable members of the community.
• Respectful of themselves, others and the environment
• Able to confidently articulate their thoughts, learning and opinions.
• Able to communicate their needs, wants and choices.