Values and ethos statement:
Our ‘Golden Values’ are a set of consistent principles that reflect common human decency and good citizenship, which align the ‘moral compass’ of every child and adult in our delightful school. This civilised guide enables us to confidently navigate the British and global societies in which we live, and be respectful, responsible and trustworthy citizens with true integrity.
Our aim is to establish the highest standards of behaviour possible to facilitate positive learning and attitudes for our pupils within an environment which reflects this. As such, we strive to make Chandag Junior School a safe and happy place which is welcoming, caring and supportive to enable positive learning experiences for all, and for our pupils to flourish personally, socially, and academically.
- Honesty to ourselves as well as other people
- Respect our environment, ourselves as well as other people, including tolerance of difference.
- Kindness treating people in a way in which we want to be treated.
- Empathy listening with an understanding of how others may feel.
- Friendship connecting with others.
- Courage having a go!
- Democracy being fair and valued; having liberty; feeling safe.
- Resilience sticking at it even when it is tough.
- Responsibility making sensible choices with our attitudes and behaviours.
- Enjoyment of everything we do.
Vision & mission statement:
We aim to achieve excellence in teaching and learning in order to ensure that each child achieves their full potential. We do this by exciting a desire to learn and by responding in a way that delights and inspires the learner.