Chipping Sodbury School is proud to be the result of centuries of development in this ancient market town. The present school has its roots in the Endowed School founded in the Middle Ages to provide free education for the townsmen. In 1938 Chipping Sodbury Grammar School as it was then, moved to its present site. It has been a comprehensive school since 1970.
Currently the school serves Chipping Sodbury, Yate and surrounding villages. In 2007 the school was re-designated as a Specialist Technology School. We aim to offer an education to prepare young people for citizenship, employment and further education both in the local community and beyond.
In 2013 the school became a Co-operative Trust School, with the creation of Chipping Sodbury School Co-operative Trust.