Mission and Ethos
As a church school we believe that our role is to educate the whole child and that the spiritual growth of our children is as important as their academic development. We have a well-planned curriculum that embraces spiritual, moral, social and cultural development and we aim to serve our community by providing an education of the highest quality within a framework of Christian belief and values.
Our school is rooted in Christian beliefs and these Christian principles permeate everything we do:
1. Love the Lord your God
2. Love your neighbour as yourself
In upholding these principles, we aim to develop the following Christian values in our children and in our day to day lives:
These Christian values underpin the curriculum and reflect our school’s commitment to developing all aspects of our pupils’ lives.
In order to achieve our mission, we aim to ensure that our children will be respectful and productive members of the community, upholding the Christian ethos of the school whilst respecting their own cultures and spiritual beliefs and those of other people.
At Cranleigh C of E Primary School, we aim for our children to have high expectations and self-belief to enable them to fulfil their potential.
This is the philosophy of how we want our children to work and learn, by showing:
- Resilience - persevere and learn from their mistakes
- Resourcefulness - be equipped with the skills to fully participate in an ever-changing world
- Reasoning - be able to think and problem solve independently
- Reflective - reflect on their learning and seek to extend themselves mentally, physically and spiritually so they develop an understanding and respect for the environment and God’s creation
- Risk taking - so they can develop inquisitive minds, a spirit of curiosity and a passion for learning through having the courage and confidence to take calculated risks