The South West has consistently produced fantastic results. In every single academy in the region, the percentage of pupils achieving the expected standard in reading, writing and mathematics at the end of key stage 2 is above the national average, with some of our academies ranking alongside the best in the country.
These achievements are all the more impressive given the diverse communities we serve: 45% of pupils in the South West are eligible for and claiming free school meals, which is almost double the national average.
In the key stage 2 combined measure:
- Perry Court E-ACT Academy made astonishing progress after joining E-ACT in September 2017, leaping up from just 16% in 2017 to 69% in 2018 - 5% higher than the national average.
- Greenfield E-ACT Academy achieved 84%, putting the academy in the top 8% of the country.
- St Ursula’s E-ACT Academy achieved 83%, putting the academy in the top 10% of the country.
- Ilminster Avenue E-ACT Academy achieved 67%. In 2017, the academy also placed in the top 2% of the country for progress.
- Hareclive E-ACT Academy achieved 63%, a 43% increase on their results before joining the trust in 2016.
- Badock’s Wood E-ACT Academy, which joined E-ACT in September 2018, surpassed the national average thanks to special educational support from the trust.
We also pride ourselves on our innovative approach to learning and the wonderful experiences we offer our pupils. Our academies have been working with the Bristol Music Trust to devise a cultural curriculum, which combines the core STEM subjects with dance, drama, music and art.
We’re proud of the South West’s growing list of achievements and look forward to building on this success with talented, passionate people like you.