“Education for the 21st Century” has been discussed for many years and IKB will deliver this vision and optimism for students, parents and staff through:
- The highest quality academic and vocational teaching
- A focus on Science, Engineering, Technology and Maths taught in new and specialist facilities
- A supportive and caring environment that meets your needs and values your individuality
- A creative approach to learning, through employer-based projects and innovative teaching methods
- The opportunity to work closely with key local employers through work experience, shadowing and coaching.
- A program of personal coaching for all students
We are an inclusive state academy catering for the individual needs of all of our students with an intentionally small intake, where professional relationships can really make a difference to nurture as well as challenge. We value the contribution made by all of our students and seek to create an atmosphere of trust and positivity where we can all enjoy and achieve great things together.
IKB is an exciting option for 14-19 students, but it is not an easy option and on entering IKB we will raise your aspirations, so, on leaving, you will realise these aspirations competing against the best for university places, apprenticeships, work or training in your chosen field.
Our students study in one of the following pathways:
Science/Medicine, Design Engineering, Digital Engineering, Architecture and the Built Environment