At SBL, each young person will be encouraged and supported to aim high and achieve her/his ambitions. High quality teaching, a well-ordered environment and a rich curriculum will ensure that each individual enjoys a positive and fulfilling experience that will set them up for success in life. Their progress will be enhanced further through the wide range of enrichment opportunities they will experience and from the personalised and effective support they will receive.
‘Through cooperation, honesty and effort, all SBL students will learn and develop positivity and resilience that will help them to grow in confidence and achieve the highest possible aspirations for their futures’
At the heart of our community lie the fundamental values of respect and tolerance. Sir Bernard Lovell Academy is a community where each person is valued as a unique individual and where individual difference is celebrated. We will work together to challenge discrimination and to promote the importance of respecting the beliefs and practices of others.
Building on this firm foundation, all governors, parents, students and staff believe the following behaviours and qualities will help us to achieve our vision. We value:
- Working together
- Showing kindness
- Developing strong relationships
- In our academic work at home as well as in school
- In wider academy activities
- With each other
- With ourselves
- Keeping our efforts up even when things are tough
- Supporting others to be resilient
- Developing emotional strength and well-being
- Taking a ‘can-do’ attitude into every task
- Making the most of every opportunity
- Enriching our own experiences and those of others
- Reflecting on and celebrating our successes
- To try new things
- To believe we can achieve anything
As a member of the SBL community, we will endeavour to demonstrate these values in everything we do.