St. George’s Primary School is a small village school. The original “School House” was built in 1859 and was next to St. George`s Church. It still exists today, but is now a private residence. In 1968 our “new school” was built in Pound Lane which is where we are today. 2011 saw the grand opening of our new extensions which consist of a lovely new hall and two classrooms. We are committed to creating a positive, safe and nurturing Christian environment, where all members of the school and wider community are important, valued and cared for. All will benefit from opportunities to be inspired, learn and grow as individuals. This will enable everyone to reach their full potential and be prepared for what the future may bring. We, the children and adults, hold our core Christian values at the heart of all that we do. These are: We show love We show respect We show courage We have hope St. George’s Primary School provides a safe and stimulating learning environment, with a creative curriculum underpinned by engaging teaching that develops a sense of purpose and curiosity. We follow the expectations of the National Curriculum in an exciting and stimulating way. Our curriculum is skills-based and built around these which ensure the children’s learning is as meaningful as possible.