St Stephen’s Primary School ethos is built upon our four core values of Love, Courage, Creativity and Joy. These are woven into, and evident within, the relationships which bind our school together: pupil to pupil, pupil to adult, adult to adult. We genuinely care about each member of our school community, and this has created, over many years, a family atmosphere of warmth, fun and nurture.
These core values are chosen to ensure we each feel cared for, confident and able to learn every day, whilst building in us all the ability to thrive in the future.
Our vision is that by the time our ‘well-educated 11 year olds’ leave us, they will be…
- Excited about learning, with a positive self-story.
- Responsible and respectful
- Emotionally, physically and spiritually aware
- An open-minded and creative thinker and learner, who can take risks and learn from their experiences.
- A literate and numerate person who is ready for secondary school and the wider world.
- Someone who thrives with change, who can plan for the future and who is ready for the unknown.
- Someone who takes opportunities to be all they can be.
We are committed to ensuring that every pupil leaves us with the skills and self-confidence required to thrive in their future, whilst ensuring they are nurtured, challenged and inspired within a high-quality Primary School environment. That way, we can help every child to become the best that they can be.