At Tameside, we foster acceptance of and engagement with the fundamental British values of:
- The rule of law
- Individual liberty
- Mutual respect
- Tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
Our pupils will develop and demonstrate skills and attitudes that will allow them to participate fully in and contribute positively to life in modern Britain.
As a school it is our responsibility to guide our children to understand their roles and responsibilities as young citizens. The ethos of our school is such that we continually emphasise the importance of developing the whole child to help them to make a positive contribution, both in and out of school.
Other values that we promote are:
As a school we promote these values in a wide range of ways. These include:
- Assemblies (pupil & adult led),
- PSHE lessons,
- R.E. lessons,
- during all other lessons where content, themes and stories may be linked to the values listed above,
- charity work,
- themed days/weeks,
- team building activities,
- group work,
- allocation of jobs and responsibilities (e.g. school council, Eco-buddies, etc).?
We feel that the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of children at Tameside is core to supporting our children to fulfill our mission statement: “Be the best that you can be.”