Discover East Sheen and Richmond
Whether or not you know of East Sheen and the surrounding area, we felt we had to give a special mention to the great aspects of living and working here.
In all the blurb available, I felt this quote from the estate agents, Savills, best sums it up:
“East Sheen…is a leafy suburb of the London Borough of Richmond Upon Thames, nestled between Barnes and Richmond and bordered by the River Thames to the north and the vast open spaces of Richmond Park to the south.
This charming family orientated area exudes a real community feel and offers a balance of London living together with the slower pace of country life.”
Having moved from this area 10 years ago, my family and I returned in 2016 as nowhere else in England can match it.
Below are our top ten highlights:-
1. Only 9 miles from central London but with the beauty of the countryside on your doorstep – Richmond Park is over 950 hectares in size (that’s more than 3.5 sq miles);
2. The local train station is Zone 3 for London and you can get a tube from Richmond;
3. Unrivalled access to great places: escape to Oxford, Devon or Cornwall, choose from 2 airports for escaping further afield or simply unwind at our local award winning pubs, cafes and restaurants, choosing between Richmond, East Sheen, Kew & Barnes;
4. Unbeatable shopping: enjoy the boutiques and bars by the River Thames at Richmond or get a short cab ride to Knightsbridge;
5. World renowned places to visit: Hampton Court Palace and Kew Gardens are just 2 examples;
6. Be absorbed by London’s famous theatres or get to see shows on their way to London at Richmond’s own beautiful stage – the Richmond Theatre;
7. Go and see amazing sporting events at the nearby Wembley Stadium, Twickenham and Wimbledon;
8. Join the sense of community in East Sheen, which is reflected in the amazing children at the school and the very successful Parent Staff Association (PSA);
9. Further your academic ambitions through our relationships with local universities;
10. Live longer – residents of the London Borough of Richmond have the highest healthy life expectancy in England according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS). The above explains why!
Come and visit the school and see the area for yourself.
We look forward to welcoming you.