West Twyford Primary School and Children’s Centre: Achieving Together
Our vision is to develop happy, inquisitive and resilient life-long learners who strive for excellence in all they do: learners who are respectful, polite and kind, and who take pride in belonging to our school and the wider community.
• We aspire to excellence in all we do and we have high academic expectations for all our children, we empower and develop our staff and regularly promote from within.
• We continually strive to innovate, evaluate and reflect to ensure that we provide the best teaching, learning, resources and opportunities for our community. We are currently learning the Singapore approach to teaching Maths.
• We expect and celebrate endeavour and achievement. Staff are encouraged to lead on projects and contribute to strategy.
• We encourage children to be confident, resilient, reflective and independent learners – and to be fully engaged with our Visible Learning Journey.
• We provide access to a rich, broad and balanced curriculum, which incorporates the National Curriculum and enables each child to achieve her/his level of personal and academic excellence irrespective of gender, ethnicity, or socio-economic background. Each class has a termly outing to support their learning; this is supplemented by cultural trips in which we visit the theatre, ballet or opera and other aspects of London’s cultural richness.
• We provide opportunities that enable children to develop high standards of self-discipline, self esteem, moral values, listening and social skills which allow children to become independent learners and kind, happy and responsible members of society.
• Teamwork is at the heart of all we do. We respect everyone and treat people the way we would like to be treated. All staff are valued and encouraged to develop their skills.
• We are a community school. We welcome, encourage and embrace parental and community involvement. We acknowledge the importance of strong home-school links. Many staff run workshops and courses for parents to enable them to support the children’s learning.
• We are a happy, well-organised school that achieves together. We take pride in our school and ourselves.