We are looking for an excellent Teaching Assistant to join Abbey Mead Primary Academy, which is part of The Mead Educational Trust. This is an exciting opportunities for a strong candidate to join our dedicated and talented KS2 support team. The role is varied and will include offering general classroom support, 1:1 pupil support, pastoral care and contributing to the development of a positive whole school ethos and vision.
We are looking for adaptable, flexible and resourceful individuals with excellent communication and written skills with high expectations of learning and behaviour.
Temporary 1-year contract – 27.5 hours per week – term time only
We are looking for:
• An enthusiastic and energetic Teaching Assistant based in KS2 to work either on a 1:1 basis or with pupils in small groups to undertake interventions specifically designed to close gaps in attainment.
• A demonstrable commitment to ensuring all children make excellent progress.
• Individuals who can demonstrate care and compassion for our pupils and their families.
• Team players who can develop excellent relationships across our school community.
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to work in a school with high academic expectations.
• An opportunity to work with children who are enthusiastic and motivated to learn.
• A school based in a part of the city with a distinct and vibrant cultural identity.
• A dedicated and professional staff to support you.
• An excellent professional network across The Mead Educational Trust.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above (desirable).
• Previous teaching assistant or learning support experience.
• A proven ability to work on their own initiative.
• A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
• The ability to use relevant technology/equipment.
• A proactive attitude.
• A commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
Closing date: 13th December 2021
Interviews: 16th December 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.