Sorry, we are currently not recruiting for any vacancies
We would love you to join our Talent Pool so we can contact you when the right vacancy arises.
Bishop David Brown School is situated in Sheerwater, near Woking. Currently a secondary school of 575 students, it is rapidly expanding and a refurbishment project has recently been completed. It included an extension to provide two new classrooms, four new Science laboratories, two ICT rooms, a Textiles classroom as well as the refurbishment of ten English and Maths classrooms.
The student’s communal areas have been re-floored and repainted ensuring that the school is a very welcoming place for them to learn and fulfil their potential. Results in the GCSE examinations in Summer 2015 placed Bishop David Brown in the top 2% nationally for English, top 1% for Modern Foreign Languages and top 25% of schools in the country when looking at progress measures. Judged as Good with many outstanding features at its last Ofsted inspection in April 2014 the school continues to embed and improve upon the good progress made by students. Behaviour is very good in the school with students having a positive attitude to learning with excellent punctuality.
Safeguarding is judged as outstanding. Bishop David Brown School has retained its specialism as a school for the Performing Arts, and we are proud of the numerous extra-curricular activities available, including the innovative school productions which have included Avenue Q and Rent, as well as events such as our annual Dance Festival with local primary schools. The PE department offers sports ranging from the traditional such as football and netball, to the more individual sports of trampolining and cheerleading. This gives all our students an opportunity to excel in this important area of development to enable them to move on to the next stage of their education as well-rounded and enthusiastic individuals.
We can offer:
• An excellent induction programme including pre-start induction days
• A commitment to high quality continuing professional development
• The opportunity to be part of developing a centre of excellence for young people
• Weekly support meetings The area: Woking
• Is situated on a mainline railway (West Byfleet)with a direct route to London Waterloo (thirty minutes)and is a ten minute walk from the school.
• Is close to main road links including the A3, M3 and M25 making commuting by car easy from East and West.
• Is in an area earmarked for regeneration and major residential building projects
• Is a great place to live and work If you're searching for your next career move, why not contact us now? You'll be working at a great school and be part of a friendly, helpful team. We're always interested to hear from enthusiastic, committed staff.
Unity Schools Trust is a geographically based Multi-Academy Trust (MAT), formed in September 2015. All academies in the MAT are governed by one trust, with clear lines of delegation to local governing bodies in each academy.