Bedminster Down School
Cover and Administration Officer
Job Ref: R243
Salary: Grade 6 (£27,344 – £29,439 FTE actual salary £23,179 – £24,955 pro rata)
Location: Bedminster Down School (near Bristol)
Contract: 37 hours per week. Term time only, plus two inset days.
Bedminster Down School is looking to appoint an organised and confident individual, with a keen eye for detail, to join our school as the Cover and Administration Officer. The successful candidate will be quick to learn, confident in their use of IT and online systems, reliable and able to maintain strict confidentiality.
As a Cover and Administration Officer you will lead on the operational aspects of cover, ensuring that absent staff are effectively covered by agency colleagues when required. To do this role effectively you will need to work from 07:00 Monday to Friday, with a finish time of 15:00.
You will be joining a fast-paced professional environment with a portfolio of work that is diverse and rewarding. You will become part of a wider office team and will be supported by our excellent office manager and your team of highly experienced colleagues. Experience of working in a school is desirable, but by no means essential; if you are able to communicate effectively and devise and follow processes clearly, this may well be the job for you.
We truly believe that it is not just our teaching staff who help us to create exceptional results. Our support staff are vital to ensuring that our pupils achieve their full potential and become confident, resilient and compassionate people who can make a positive contribution to society. We also believe that you should be supported too, with all the opportunities you need to develop your career and achieve your goals.
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary
- A full and varied training programme offering development for our staff
- An opportunity to work in a supportive team from whom you can learn, develop and grow
- Wider opportunities to be involved across the Futura Learning Partnership
- An energised and professional working environment
- Benefits include; pension scheme, discounted sports centre/gym membership, free wellbeing support & medical cover, free on-site parking and cycle to work scheme.
Futura Learning Partnership is a partnership of schools which span the Bristol - Keynsham - Bath area that are working together to provide a high-quality educational experience for all students in their care and be a truly inclusive provider of 4-19 education in the area.
The closing date for applications is: 23:59 on 28/09/2023.
No CVs or agencies please
- Download the Job Description/Person Specification and Application Form
- Trust Recruitment Pack
- Click on the ‘apply’ button to be redirected and apply online via the Futura Learning Jobsite
1) Early applications are encouraged. Bedminster Down School reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date of the advertisement, should the school be able to appoint an appropriate candidate.
Futura Learning Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Your suitability to work with children and young people will form part of the selection process. For this post, prior to appointment Futura Learning Partnership will apply for a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring check, a Children’s Barred list check, two satisfactory references, satisfactory pre-employment health screening and for Teachers, a Prohibition Check in relation to the children’s workforce. In some settings a Declaration will be required in order to meet our obligations under the ‘Disqualification under the Childcare Act 2006.