Teacher of Maths
Wreake Valley Academy
Contracted Hrs: 100%
Salary: MPS / UPS
Start Date: 1st January 2024
Do you wish to inspire the next generation?
Are you an inspirational teacher with the ability to create a nurturing learning environment?
Are you looking to work for an organisation who is committed to promoting a healthy work-life balance?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Teacher of Maths to join Wreake Valley Academy. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated person with a confident understanding of the Maths curriculum and current trends in teaching within this area. The Teacher of Maths will be expected to teach across both Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 students in ability sets.
Teaching experience will not be a determining factor - we welcome applications from newly qualified teachers (ECT’S) as well as more experienced candidates.
The successful candidate will be someone who identifies with our mission and values as well as being someone who will be dedicated to working in partnership with other schools and colleagues across the wider Trust. The successful candidate will be joining a well-established and friendly team of specialist teachers of mathematics who work collaboratively to ensure quality teaching.
The ideal candidate will:
• Hold QTS status
• Possess excellent subject knowledge with the ability to articulate their expertise within their teaching
• Possess the ability to teach high quality lessons and consistently provide learning opportunities that progresses students’ learning and achievements
• Be an excellent communicator and able to build positive working relationships with pupils, parents/carers and stakeholders
• Be a team player – whilst it is important as a secondary teacher to work independently, there are regular points of the working day and week where working alongside support staff and other teaching colleagues is vital, therefore working as part of a team that is supportive and effective is paramount to the role
In return we offer:
• Opportunity to work within a supportive team
• Access to the Bradgate Learning Alliance to share best practice, learn and network with other colleagues
• Opportunities for career development with access to professional development, apprenticeships and training schemes
• Access to the generous Teachers Pension Scheme
• Employee Support Service (counselling) for employees and close family members (24/7 support)
• Employee Discount and Benefit Scheme
• Opportunity for an annual flu vaccination
If you would like to discuss this post or arrange a visit to the school please contact the Head Teacher, Tim Marston, prior to applying:
Application Closing Date: 9am, Monday 2nd October 2023
Provisional Interview Date: W/C 9th October 2023
Bradgate Education Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are therefore expected to be-have in such a way that supports this commitment. As part of the Trust’s shortlisting process, all shortlisted candidates will be subject to an online search as part of our due diligence. Appointment to this post will also be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
WE ARE ALL UNIQUE…
At our Trust inclusion means everyone is welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We value individuality and uniqueness and aim to create a sense of belonging. We want an inclusive workplace that helps build the success of our pupils and reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.