Swallowdale Primary School
Contracted Hrs: 15 per week
Working Wks: 52
Grade: Grade 8, Pts 15 to 18
Salary: £10,713 to £11,665 per annum
Start Date: 8th January 2024
Are you great with DIY?
Are you looking for a hands on role in which you can use your initiative and grow professionally?
Would you like to work in a supportive team that values each individual’s contribution?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Premises Officer to join Swallowdale Primary School on a part-time basis from 8th January 2024 to work alongside our experienced Premises Officer on a job share basis working 2 days per week.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the school site making sure it’s maintained to a high standard, it’s secure and safe as well as clean and tidy. We are looking for someone who, alongside the current Premises Officer, will be responsible for the supervision of the school site and work with the Head Teacher to develop and maintain a programme for the long term project management of school site improvement.
This role is a rewarding one with a successful candidate having the opportunity to work with an experienced member of our team and helping our school to be the best it can be ensuring the health and safety of the school grounds and building to ensure a safe learning environment for our children.
The ideal candidate will have:
• NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in numeracy and literacy
• Knowledge of Health & Safety issues including legislation and COSHH
• The ability to undertake a range of basic repairs and maintenance tasks
• Good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to prioritise workload
In return we offer:
• Opportunity to work within a supportive team
• Opportunities for career development with access to apprenticeship and training schemes
• Generous annual leave entitlements
• Access to the generous Local Government Pension Scheme (24% contribution by the employer)
• Employee Support Service (counselling) for employees and close family members (24/7 support)
• Employee Discount and Benefit Scheme
• Opportunity for an annual flu vaccination
If you would like to discuss this post or arrange a visit to the school please contact the Head Teacher, Sam Harries, prior to applying.
To apply for this position:
1. Apply using the online application form
2. Submit a supporting statement outlining the reasons why you are applying and your suitability for the position
Application Closing Date: 9am, Monday 4th December 2023
Provisional Interview Date: Thursday 7th December 2023
We look forward to receiving your application!
Bradgate Education Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are therefore expected to be-have in such a way that supports this commitment. As part of the Trust’s shortlisting process, all shortlisted candidates will be subject to an online search as part of our due diligence. Appointment to this post will also be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
WE ARE ALL UNIQUE…
At our Trust inclusion means everyone is welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We value individuality and uniqueness and aim to create a sense of belonging. We want an inclusive workplace that helps build the success of our pupils and reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.