Swallowdale Primary School
Contracted Hrs: 6.25 per week
Working Wks: Term Time Only (38 weeks)
Grade: Grade 4, Pts 5 to 6
Salary: £3,214 to £3,241 per annum
Start Date: 8th January 2024
Do you wish to work in a role where you will have a profound effect on individual children’s lives?
Are you a friendly face who would like the opportunity to join a close-knit successful team?
Are you looking to fit your working hours around the school day?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join Swallowdale Primary School on a permanent basis, working Monday – Friday 11:55am – 1.10pm.
As Midday Supervisor you will be expected to help supervise the children at lunchtime, ensuring the children are eating and playing in a safe, friendly environment. The post holder will be expected to lead games and interact with the children, whilst modelling excellent communication skills at all times.
We are looking for someone with a positive attitude, who is reliable, eager to support all children ensuring they have a happy lunchtime, and who is willing to undertake First Aid training.
This role is a rewarding one with a successful candidate having the opportunity to gain experience working in a inclusive school environment. For the right candidate there may also be the opportunity to do ad-hoc extra hours supporting the children in the classroom; and helping out on school trips; sports day etc.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have the ability to listen to any problems the children may have
• Have the ability to build positive relationships with the children and play games with them
• Be a team player
• Have good communication skills
• Be kind and have a caring nature to help children open their water bottles and lunch boxes
In return we offer:
• Opportunity to work within a supportive team
• Opportunities for career development with access to apprenticeship and training schemes
• Generous annual leave entitlements
• Access to the generous Local Government Pension Scheme (24% contribution by the employer)
• Employee Support Service (counselling) for employees and close family members (24/7 support)
• Employee Discount and Benefit Scheme
• Opportunity for an annual flu vaccination
If you would like to discuss this post or arrange a visit to the school please contact the Head Teacher, Sam Harries, prior to applying.
To apply for this position:
1. Apply using the online application form
2. Submit a supporting statement outlining the reasons why you are applying and your suitability for the position
Application Closing Date: 9am, Monday 4th December 2023
Provisional Interview Date: Thursday 7th December 2023
We look forward to receiving your application!
Bradgate Education Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are therefore expected to be-have in such a way that supports this commitment. As part of the Trust’s shortlisting process, all shortlisted candidates will be subject to an online search as part of our due diligence. Appointment to this post will also be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
WE ARE ALL UNIQUE…
At our Trust inclusion means everyone is welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We value individuality and uniqueness and aim to create a sense of belonging. We want an inclusive workplace that helps build the success of our pupils and reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.