Apprentice Learning Support Assistant
Wreake Valley Academy
Fixed Term Contract
Contracted Hrs: 30 hours per week
Working Wks: Term Time + Inset days (39 weeks)
Salary: National Apprenticeship Wage
Start Date: ASAP
2 x positions available
We seek two enthusiastic, highly motivated and caring Learning Support Assistants to join us at Wreake Valley Academy who are committed to working towards a Level 3 qualification as a Teaching
Assistant. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to join our learning support staff team. We are looking to appoint a well-motivated and enthusiastic person who is committed to providing high quality provision to our pupils and the Class Teacher.
This role is a rewarding one with a successful candidate having the opportunity to work under the direct supervision of the Teacher to provide support for teaching and learning and associated activities in accordance with school policies and procedures. This may include providing general support for whole class learning activities, or supporting individuals or small groups of pupils as directed by the Teacher.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have good numeracy and literacy skills
• Have basic IT skills
• Have good influencing skills to encourage pupils to interact with others and be socially responsible
• Have the ability to recognise and deal with emergency situations.
In return we offer:
• Opportunity to work within a supportive team
• Opportunities for career development with access to apprenticeship and training schemes
• Generous annual leave entitlements
• Access to the generous Local Government Pension Scheme (24% contribution by the employer)
• Employee Support Service (counselling) for employees and close family members (24/7 support)
• Employee Discount and Benefit Scheme
• Opportunity for an annual flu vaccination
If you would like to discuss this post or arrange a visit to the school please contact Jeanette Knowles (Assistant Head Teacher & SENCO)
Application Closing Date: 9am, Monday 22nd August 2022
Provisional Interview Date: W/C 22nd August 2022
We look forward to receiving your application!
Bradgate Education Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are therefore expected to be-have in such a way that supports this commitment. Appointment to this post will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
WE ARE ALL UNIQUE…
At our Trust inclusion means everyone is welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We value individuality and uniqueness and aim to create a sense of belonging. We want an inclusive workplace that helps build the success of our pupils and reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.