Assistant Headteacher – Behaviour & Culture
The Roundhill Academy
Contracted Hrs: 100%
Salary: Leadership, L11 – L15
(£60,486 - £66,626 per annum)
Start Date: 8th April 2024
Are you an experienced school leader looking for a new challenge?
Would you like to join a smaller than average secondary school and be part of an ambitious team?
Do you have the vision, imagination, commitment and ambition to help take the school to its next stage of development?
We are seeking to appoint an Assistant Headteacher who is able to establish excellent relationships with students, relishing the opportunity to work alongside them and their families to ensure that they thrive and achieve in school.
Our collective whole school values are to support our students through:
Therefore, a key component of this role will be to work closely with the Senior Leadership Team, pastoral team, teaching and support staff to ensure that students are supported to achieve their very best outcomes and to thrive in our school setting, despite starting points.
You would be joining a highly ambitious team of leaders and teachers at a pivotal point in the school’s journey as we build on our excellent foundations and work closely with our local community. We are looking for an experienced school leader who can drive strategic focus areas as well as contribute to the day to day running of the school.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has an excellent proven track record in educational leadership with demonstrable impact.
• Will lead the school’s behaviour management strategy, ensuring that there is clear communication of expectations across our whole community.
• Can ensure the vision, ethos and core values of the school are regularly and clearly communicated to staff, pupils, parents and carers.
• Has the vision, imagination and commitment to be part of a team that takes the school to the next stage of our continued development.
• Will champion the provision for vulnerable pupils, including Looked After Children and those with SEND.
• Can work within our whole school Safeguarding culture to promote well-being and to support young people and staff across the school community.
In return we offer:
• Opportunity to work within a supportive team
• Access to the Bradgate Learning Alliance to share best practice, learn and network with other colleagues
• Opportunities for career development with access to professional development, apprenticeships and training schemes
• Access to the generous Teachers Pension Scheme
• Employee Support Service (counselling) for employees and close family members (24/7 support)
• Employee Discount and Benefit Scheme
• Opportunity for an annual flu vaccination
If you would like to discuss this post or arrange a visit to the school please contact the Interim Headteacher, Natalie Teece, prior to applying.
To apply for this position:
1. Apply using the online application form
2. Submit a supporting statement outlining the reasons why you are applying and your suitability for the position
Application Closing Date: 9am, Thursday 15th February 2024
Provisional Interview Date: Monday 26th February 2024
We look forward to receiving your application!
Bradgate Education Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are therefore expected to be-have in such a way that supports this commitment. As part of the Trust’s shortlisting process, all shortlisted candidates will be subject to an online search as part of our due diligence. Appointment to this post will also be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
WE ARE ALL UNIQUE…
At our Trust inclusion means everyone is welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We value individuality and uniqueness and aim to create a sense of belonging. We want an inclusive workplace that helps build the success of our pupils and reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
The Roundhill Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.