Part Time Assistant Premises Officer
Gaddesby Primary School
Contracted Hrs: 10 per week
Working Wks: 52
Grade: Grade 6, Pts 9 to 10
Salary: £6,458 to £6,567 per annum
Start Date: 22nd February 2024
Are you great with DIY?
Are you looking for a hands on role in which you can use your initiative and grow professionally?
Would you like to work in a supportive team that values each individual’s contribution?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Premises Officer to join Gaddesby Primary School on a permanent basis working 7am – 9am, Monday to Friday all year round. Whilst the post is advertised as all year round, we welcome applications from individuals who may be seeking to work fewer weeks.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join our school community and make an active contribution to the maintenance and development of the school. The Assistant Premises Officer will play a key part of the school team and ensure a safe and secure environment is provided so that all students, staff and visitors have a comfortable, clean, safe and well-maintained environment to work in. We are looking for someone with handyman skills including painting and decorating, who is able to work on their own initiative. Due to the location of the school the successful candidate will need to have access to their own transport.
This role is a rewarding one with a successful candidate having the opportunity to work with a strong and supportive team in a village school. Training will be provided for the successful candidate. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is actively retired or looking for the next step in their career.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be educated to GCSE level or equivalent
• Have basic handyman skills, including painting and decorating
• Have good literacy and numeracy skills
• Have a good understanding of Health & Safety issues
• Be an excellent communicator
• Be a team player and also have the ability to work on their own initiative
In return we offer:
• Opportunity to work within a supportive team
• Opportunities for career development with access to apprenticeship and training schemes
• Generous annual leave entitlements
• Access to the generous Local Government Pension Scheme (24% contribution by the employer)
• Employee Support Service (counselling) for employees and close family members (24/7 support)
• Employee Discount and Benefit Scheme
• Opportunity for an annual flu vaccination
If you would like to discuss this post or arrange a visit to the school please contact the Head Teacher, Leigh Fox, prior to applying.
To apply for the position:
1. Apply using the online application form
2. Submit a supporting statement outlining the reasons why you are applying and your suitability for the position
Application Closing Date: 9am, Monday 8th January 2024
Provisional Interview Date: Friday 12th January 2024
We look forward to receiving your application!
Bradgate Education Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are therefore expected to be-have in such a way that supports this commitment. As part of the Trust’s shortlisting process, all shortlisted candidates will be subject to an online search as part of our due diligence. Appointment to this post will also be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
WE ARE ALL UNIQUE…
At our Trust inclusion means everyone is welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We value individuality and uniqueness and aim to create a sense of belonging. We want an inclusive workplace that helps build the success of our pupils and reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
Gaddesby Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.