Part time - 17.25 Hours (53%)
Start Date: January 2022, or start date to be discussed at interview if January date isn’t possible
We are looking for a kind, creative and passionate teacher to join us at The Pochin School. The post holder will work across our Reception and Year 1 mixed year groups.
This is an exciting opportunity for somebody with drive and imagination to join a small, caring and highly motivated team to help them develop an exciting and creative curriculum for our pupils.
The ideal candidate for the role will:
- Be enthusiastic and driven to provide the best care and education for our children.
- Be a patient, respectful and adaptable team player
- Be somebody that can build good relationships with pupils, parents and colleagues.
- Have a sense of humour
- Passionate about education and preparing children for life beyond school.
- Able to work using their initiative
Teaching experience will not be a determining factor - we welcome applications from newly qualified teachers as well as more experienced candidates. We will develop every staff member that joins our team, providing one-to-one support, coaching and mentoring. Experience of teaching mixed year group classes is desirable but not essential.
If you are interested in this role, please do take a look at our job pack and job description which provides further information.
To apply for this position please submit your application along with a supporting statement to explain your suitability and reasons why you are applying for the role.
Application Closing Date: 12pm, Tuesday 26th October 2021
Provisional Interview Date: Friday 29th October 2021
If you wish to find out more information about the role before applying, please contact Heather Sharpe, Head Teacher:
We look forward to receiving your application!
• We are committed to the safeguarding of our pupils, appointment to this post will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks being completed, this includes a criminal records (DBS check)
• Candidates must have the right to work in the UK to work for our Trust, you will be asked to provide this evidence if you are shortlisted for interview
• We are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of any of the protected characteristics or disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable
The Pochin School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.