Contracted Hrs: 30 hours per week
Working Wks: Term Time Only + Inset Days (39 wks)
Grade: Grade 7, Pts 11 to 14
Salary: £17,205 to £18,092 per annum
Start Date: ASAP
Do you have a passion for education and a drive to inspire the pupils we serve?
Are you looking for a rewarding role in which you can make a real difference?
Are you looking to gain more experience in the classroom?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual to join The Roundhill Academy to undertake the role of Cover Supervisor on a permanent basis and we would be willing to consider both full and part-time applications for this post. Our school is at an exciting stage and we are looking for someone who is kind, compassionate, creative, imaginative and has a great sense of humour to come and join the team. In turn you will receive professional development opportunities and access to a great staff network.
As Cover Supervisor you will be responsible for supervising whole classes during teacher planning time, teacher training and short-term absences. The Cover Supervisor will need to be adaptable and be able to assist pupils with their work, respond to questions and uphold standards of behaviour in the classroom.
This role is a rewarding one with a successful candidate having the opportunity to gain experience of delivering pre-planned lessons to whole classes; as well as progressing children’s learning. This is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to progress their career in education or for someone who is looking to take the next step towards developing the required skills before undertaking their Teacher (QTS) qualification.
The ideal candidate will have:
• An NVQ Level 2 qualified or equivalent
• Strong communication skills
• To be committed to ensuring pupils make good progress whilst under their supervision
• The ability to take direction from the Class Teacher to ensure all tasks and learning is undertaken
• The ability to work alongside a wide range of colleagues for collaboration and support
In return we offer:
• Opportunity to work within a supportive team
• Opportunities for career development with access to apprenticeship and training schemes
• Generous annual leave entitlements
• Access to the generous Local Government Pension Scheme (24% contribution by the employer)
• Employee Support Service (counselling) for employees and close family members (24/7 support)
• Employee Discount and Benefit Scheme
• Opportunity for an annual flu vaccination
If you would like to discuss this post or arrange a visit to the school please contact the Headteacher, Natalie Teece, prior to applying.
To apply for this position:
1. Apply using the online application form
2. Submit a supporting statement outlining the reasons why you are applying and your suitability for the position
Application Closing Date: 9am, Friday 23rd February 2024
Provisional Interview Date: Monday 26th February 2024
We look forward to receiving your application!
Bradgate Education Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are therefore expected to be-have in such a way that supports this commitment. As part of the Trust’s shortlisting process, all shortlisted candidates will be subject to an online search as part of our due diligence. Appointment to this post will also be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
WE ARE ALL UNIQUE…
At our Trust inclusion means everyone is welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We value individuality and uniqueness and aim to create a sense of belonging. We want an inclusive workplace that helps build the success of our pupils and reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
The Roundhill Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.