Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Ratby Primary School
Fixed Term Contract until the end of academic year 2022/2023
Contracted Hrs: 32.5
Working Weeks: Term Time only + 1 week (39 Weeks)
Grade: Grade 8, Pts 15 to 18
Salary: £16,891 to £18,648 per annum
Start Date: ASAP
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join Ratby Primary School as a Higher Level Teaching Assistant on a fixed term basis until 28th August 2023. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to join our support staff team. We are looking to appoint a well-motivated and enthusiastic person who is committed to delivering high quality provision to our pupils under the direction and supervision of the classroom teacher and to cover classes for PPA, Senior Leadership release time and on occasion unplanned absences. The majority of cover will be in Key Stage 2.
The ideal candidate for this post will have:
• HLTA status (or QTS)
• Experience of supporting, planning, evaluation and delivery of learning activities in an educational setting
• The ability to take direction from the Class Teacher to ensure all tasks and learning is undertaken
• The ability to manage pupil behaviour within and outside of the classroom
In return we offer:
• Opportunity to work within a supportive team
• Opportunities for career development with access to apprenticeship and training schemes
• Generous annual leave entitlements
• Access to the generous Local Government Pension Scheme (24% contribution by the employer)
• Employee Support Service (counselling) for employees and close family members (24/7 support)
• Employee Discount and Benefit Scheme
• Opportunity for an annual flu vaccination
If you would like to discuss this post or arrange a visit to the school please contact the Head Teacher, Lisa Jones.
To apply for one of the positions:
1. Apply using the online application form
2. Submit a supporting statement outlining the reasons why you are applying and your suitability for the position
Application Closing Date: 9am, 26th September 2022
Provisional Interview Date: W/C 26th September 2022
We look forward to receiving your application!
Bradgate Education Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are therefore expected to be-have in such a way that supports this commitment. Appointment to this post will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
WE ARE ALL UNIQUE…
At our Trust inclusion means everyone is welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We value individuality and uniqueness and aim to create a sense of belonging. We want an inclusive workplace that helps build the success of our pupils and reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
Ratby Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.