Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Ratby Primary School
Contracted Hrs: 32.5 per week
Working Wks: 39 (Term Time + Inset Days)
Grade: Grade 8, Pts 15 to 18
Salary: £18,332 to £20,089 per annum
Start Date: 29th August 2023
Are you a looking to gain further experience of teaching in a classroom setting?
Are you looking to build a career that gives you a genuine sense of achievement and fulfilment?
Would you like to work within a supportive team and have a positive impact on the young people we support?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join Ratby Primary School as a Higher Level Teaching Assistant on a permanent basis.
We are looking to appoint a well-motivated and enthusiastic individual who is committed to delivering high quality provision to our pupils under the direction and supervision of the classroom teacher. This role will also include covering, classes for PPA, Senior Leadership release time and on occasion unplanned absences.
This role is perfect for someone who is already experienced as a HLTA or an ECT looking to widen their experience within the classroom. They must have HLTA/ QTS experience and have Level 2 qualifications in Maths and English.
This role is a rewarding one with a successful candidate having the opportunity to gain experience of teaching whole classes whilst working with experienced and established staff within the school.
The ideal candidate will:
• HLTA status (or QTS)
• Experience of supporting, planning, evaluation and delivery of learning activities in an educational setting
• The ability to take direction from the Class Teacher to ensure all tasks and learning is undertaken
• The ability to manage pupil behaviour within and outside of the classroom
In return we offer:
• Opportunity to work within a supportive team
• Opportunities for career development with access to apprenticeship and training schemes
• Generous annual leave entitlements
• Access to the generous Local Government Pension Scheme (24% contribution by the employer)
• Employee Support Service (counselling) for employees and close family members (24/7 support)
• Employee Discount and Benefit Scheme
• Opportunity for an annual flu vaccination
If you would like to discuss this post or arrange a visit to the school please contact the Head Teacher, Lisa Jones, prior to applying.
To apply for the position:
1. Apply using the online application form
2. Submit a supporting statement outlining the reasons why you are applying and your suitability for the position
Application Closing Date: 9am, Friday 9th June 2023
Provisional Interview Date: Wednesday 14th June 2023
We look forward to receiving your application!
Bradgate Education Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are therefore expected to be-have in such a way that supports this commitment. As part of the Trust’s shortlisting process, all shortlisted candidates will be subject to an online search as part of our due diligence. Appointment to this post will also be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
WE ARE ALL UNIQUE…
At our Trust inclusion means everyone is welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We value individuality and uniqueness and aim to create a sense of belonging. We want an inclusive workplace that helps build the success of our pupils and reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
Ratby Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.