KS2 Classroom Teacher
Newtown Linford Primary School
Fixed Term Contract until April 2024 (Maternity Cover)
Contracted Hrs: 100%
Start Date: 17th April 2023
Are you an inspirational teacher with the ability to create a nurturing learning environment?
Are you looking to further your experience in Key Stage 2?
Would you like to work in a small village school with a supportive team and be involved in the wider life of the school?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join Newtown Linford Primary School as a Classroom Teacher to cover a period of maternity leave in our Year 3/4 class until April 2024. We are looking for an individual who ideally has experience of teaching in mixed year classes; however this is not an essential requirement for the role.
We are looking for an excellent classroom practitioner with experience of teaching in Key Stage 2, who has an enthusiasm and a passion for teaching children and who is determined to make every day count. The Classroom Teacher will be responsible for creating a learning experience that enables and challenges our pupils to be the best they can be.
This role is a rewarding one with a successful candidate having the opportunity to work in a lovely village school with well behaved, motivated children. The successful candidate will have the opportunity for professional autonomy within the role to create a classroom environment that enables development. We are heavily focussed on trying to ensure that work life balance for teachers is manageable, with this being under regular review by the Trust.
The ideal candidate will:
• Hold QTS status
• Possess the ability to teach high quality lessons and consistently provide learning opportunities that progresses pupils’ learning and achievements
• Be an excellent communicator and able to build positive working relationships with pupils, parents/carers and stakeholders
• Be a team player – whilst it is important as a Classroom Teacher to work independently, there are regular points of the working day and week where working alongside support staff and other teaching colleagues is vital, therefore working as part of a team that is supportive and effective is paramount to the role
In return we offer:
• Opportunity to work within a supportive team
• Access to the Bradgate Learning Alliance to share best practice, learn and network with other colleagues
• Opportunities for career development with access to professional development, apprenticeships and training schemes
• Access to the generous Teachers Pension Scheme
• Employee Support Service (counselling) for employees and close family members (24/7 support)
• Employee Discount and Benefit Scheme
• Opportunity for an annual flu vaccination
If you would like to discuss this post or arrange a visit to the school please contact the Head Teachers, Louise Proudman and Kirsten Kennedy prior to applying.
To apply for one of the positions:
1. Apply using the online application form
2. Submit a supporting statement outlining the reasons why you are applying and your suitability for the position
Application Closing Date: 9am, Friday 27th January 2023
Provisional Interview Date: Wednesday 2nd February 2023
We look forward to receiving your application!
Bradgate Education Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are therefore expected to be-have in such a way that supports this commitment. As part of the Trust’s shortlisting process, all shortlisted candidates will be subject to an online search as part of our due diligence. Appointment to this post will also be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
WE ARE ALL UNIQUE…
At our Trust inclusion means everyone is welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We value individuality and uniqueness and aim to create a sense of belonging. We want an inclusive workplace that helps build the success of our pupils and reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
Newtown Linford Primary School is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all suitably experienced persons regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.