SEN 1:1 Learning Support Assistant & Midday Supervisor
The Pochin School
Tenure: Fixed Term Contract until 26th August 2024
Contracted Hrs: 26.5 hours per week (LSA)
5 hours per week (MDS)
Working Wks: 39 (Term Time + Inset Days)
Grade: Grade 5, Pts 7 to 8 (LSA)
Grade 4, Pts 5 to 6 (MDS)
Salary: £14,219 to £14,457 per annum (LSA) - (39 Wks)
£2,571 to £2,593 per annum (MDS) - (38 Wks)
Start Date: ASAP
Are you looking to gain experience in a classroom setting?
Are you looking to build a career that gives you a genuine sense of achievement and fulfilment?
Would you like to work in a small, caring village primary school with a supportive team?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a SEN 1:1 Learning Support Assistant to join The Pochin School on a fixed term basis until 26th August 2024. The successful candidate will also be required to do lunchtime cover for 1 hour per day during term time.
The SEN Learning Support Assistant will be responsible for providing 1:1 support to our pupils ensuring they can access the school curriculum and engage in all aspects of school life. We are looking for an enthusiastic and positive individual who has an understanding of how to support children with different needs.
This role is a rewarding one with a successful candidate having the opportunity to positively develop and encourage our pupils in both their academic and social life. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop their own practice with the support of a close-knit team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent
- Experience of supporting teaching and learning in an educational setting
- Experience of supporting SEN in an educational setting is desirable
- Strong empathy and understanding of individual student needs
- Patience, resilience, and ability to provide emotional support when needed
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
In return we offer:
- Opportunity to work within a supportive team
- Opportunities for career development with access to apprenticeship and training schemes
- Generous annual leave entitlements
- Access to the generous Local Government Pension Scheme (24% contribution by the employer)
- Employee Support Service (counselling) for employees and close family members (24/7 support)
- Employee Discount and Benefit Scheme
- Opportunity for an annual flu vaccination
If you would like to discuss this post or arrange a visit to the school please contact the Head Teacher, Heather Sharpe prior to applying
Application Closing Date: 9am, Monday 26th February 2024
Provisional Interview Date: Friday 1st March 2024
We look forward to receiving your application!
Bradgate Education Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are therefore expected to be-have in such a way that supports this commitment. As part of the Trust’s shortlisting process, all shortlisted candidates will be subject to an online search as part of our due diligence. Appointment to this post will also be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
WE ARE ALL UNIQUE…
At our Trust inclusion means everyone is welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We value individuality and uniqueness and aim to create a sense of belonging. We want an inclusive workplace that helps build the success of our pupils and reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
The Pochin School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.