Learning Support Assistant
Stafford Leys Primary School
Contracted Hrs: 27.5 hours per week
Working Wks: Term Time + Inset Days (39 weeks)
Grade: Grade 5, Pts 7 to 8
Salary: £14,755 - £15,002 per annum
Start Date: 8th January 2024
Are you a hardworking and motivated individual?
Are you looking to build a career that gives you a genuine sense of achievement and fulfilment?
Would you like to work with a supportive team and have a positive impact on the young people we support?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dedicated and enthusiastic individual to join Stafford Leys Primary School as a Learning Support Assistant on a permanent basis. We are looking for someone who is determined and professional with a willingness to learn.
The Learning Support Assistant is responsible for providing support to our pupils and teachers within the school to provide a high quality provision. The successful candidate will work with whole classes, small groups and SEN pupils on an individual 1:1 basis.
This role is a rewarding one with a successful candidate having the opportunity to gain more experience in the classroom, and work with a supportive team who are enthusiastic about education and ensuring that the children reach their potential in all areas of the curriculum. The successful candidate will also have access to excellent CPD opportunities and have the opportunity to work within a school which has a wonderful ethos and working atmosphere.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be NVQ Level 2 qualified (or equivalent)
• Have experience in a classroom environment
• Have experience of supporting the emotional needs of children
• Have the motivation and passion for being part of a successful school team
• Have good literacy and numeracy skills
• Have the ability to contribute to the progression of learning
In return we offer:
• Opportunity to work within a supportive team
• Opportunities for career development with access to apprenticeship and training schemes
• Generous annual leave entitlements
• Access to the generous Local Government Pension Scheme (24% contribution by the employer)
• Employee Support Service (counselling) for employees and close family members (24/7 support)
• Employee Discount and Benefit Scheme
• Opportunity for an annual flu vaccination
If you would like to discuss this post or arrange a visit to the school please contact the Acting Head Teacher, Caralyn Bignell prior to applying.
To apply for this position:
1. Apply using the online application form
2. Submit a supporting statement outlining the reasons why you are applying and your suitability for the position
Application Closing Date: 9am, Friday 1st December 2023
Provisional Interview Date: Tuesday 5th December 2023
We look forward to receiving your application!
Bradgate Education Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are therefore expected to be-have in such a way that supports this commitment. As part of the Trust’s shortlisting process, all shortlisted candidates will be subject to an online search as part of our due diligence. Appointment to this post will also be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
WE ARE ALL UNIQUE…
At our Trust inclusion means everyone is welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We value individuality and uniqueness and aim to create a sense of belonging. We want an inclusive workplace that helps build the success of our pupils and reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
Stafford Leys Community Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.