Learning Support Assistant and Cover Supervisor
The Pochin School
Tenure: Fixed Term Contract until 28th August 2023
Working Weeks: Term Time Only plus Inset Days (39 weeks)
Start Date: ASAP
Learning Support Assistant
Contracted Hours: 17.5 hours per week
Grade: Grade 5, Points 7 – 8
Salary: £7,762 to £7,918 per annum (pay award pending)
Contracted Hours: 12.5 hours per week
Grade: Grade 7, Points 11 – 14
Salary: £6,001 to £8,916 per annum (pay award pending)
Do you enjoy supporting children’s learning in the classroom?
Do you have a passion for education and a drive to inspire the pupils we serve?
Are you looking to gain more experience in the classroom?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual to join The Pochin Primary School to undertake the role of Learning Support Assistant and Cover Supervisor. Our school is looking for someone who is kind, creative, imaginative and has a great sense of humour to come and join the team.
As Learning Support Assistant you will be responsible for supporting pupils/a specific pupil with their work and supporting the Class Teacher in ensuring that the highest quality of education is provided.
As Cover Supervisor you will be responsible for supervising whole classes during teacher planning time, teacher training and short-term absence.
This role is a rewarding one with the successful candidate having the opportunity to gain experience of delivering pre-planned lessons to whole classes; as well as progressing children’s learning via interventions/group work. This is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to progress their career in education or for someone who is looking to take the next step towards developing the required skills before undertaking Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) or Teacher (QTS) qualifications.
The ideal candidate will have:
• An NVQ Level 2 Teaching and Learning qualification (or equivalent)
• The ability to work alongside a wide range of colleagues
• Strong communication skills
• The ability to contribute to the progression of learning in school
• The ability to take direction from the Class Teacher to ensure all tasks and learning is undertaken within and outside of the classroom
• A passion for supporting young people with a range of additional and often challenging needs.
In return we offer:
• Opportunity to work within a supportive team
• Opportunities for career development with access to apprenticeship and training schemes
• Generous annual leave entitlements
• Access to the generous Local Government Pension Scheme (24% contribution by the employer)
• Employee Support Service (counselling) for employees and close family members (24/7 support)
• Employee Discount and Benefit Scheme
• Opportunity for an annual flu vaccination
If you would like to discuss this post or arrange a visit to the school please contact the Head Teacher, Heather Sharpe, prior to applying.
To apply for one of the positions:
1. Apply using the online application form
2. Submit a supporting statement outlining the reasons why you are applying and your suitability for the position
Application Closing Date: 9am, Monday 5th December 2022
Provisional Interview Date: W/C 5th December 2022
We look forward to receiving your application!
Bradgate Education Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are therefore expected to be-have in such a way that supports this commitment. Appointment to this post will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
WE ARE ALL UNIQUE…
At our Trust inclusion means everyone is welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We value individuality and uniqueness and aim to create a sense of belonging. We want an inclusive workplace that helps build the success of our pupils and reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
The Pochin School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.