The children and staff of Eastfield Primary School are looking for a new midday supervisor.
The children would like a Midday supervisor who is kind, helps them open their bottles when they’re stuck, listens to any problems they might have and solves them and plays games with them.
The midday staff would like a team player, someone who is a good communicator, rolls their sleeves up and joins in and who is kind.
The main duties of a Midday supervisor are:
- To ensure that all children for whom you have delegated responsibility are safely supervised during the lunch hour, in the cloakroom, toilet areas, dining hall, school playground and, during wet lunch times, in the classroom, and that children are never left unattended.
- To supervise and assist children in the dining hall, positively encouraging good manners and helping to ensure that an acceptable level of noise is maintained.
- To promote and encourage positive play in the playground, ensuring that children are playing in appropriate areas and are safe at all times.
- To encourage children to form positive relationships with each other.
- To organise and run play activities for children, as part of our Happy Lunchtimes programme.
- Following appropriate First Aid training, to administer simple first aid where appropriate, recording all injuries and attention given (however minor) in the Accident Book.
- To complete an accident form where an injury or incident is of a serious nature.
If you think you would like to join our team please complete the application form along with a supporting letter telling us why you think you’d be good at this role.
For more information or to arrange a visit to the school please contact Sue Dexter, Office Manager.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Closing date for applications: Friday 18th September
Proposed interview date: Tuesday 22nd September
- Salary: Grade 4 point 5 to 6 pro rata
- Contract: part time, 7.5 hours a week, 38 weeks a year
- Start date: 1st October ideally
- NQTs considered: N/A
- Recruitment allowance considered: no
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks, therefore, all posts within the Trust are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Eastfield Primary School welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.