Stafford Leys Primary School
Tenure: Fixed Term until 26th August 2024
Contracted Hrs: 5 per week
Working Weeks: Term Time Only (38 Weeks)
Grade: Grade 4, Pts 5 to 6
Salary: £2,571 to £2,593 per annum
Start Date: ASAP
Do you wish to work in a role where you will have a profound effect on individual children’s lives? Are you a friendly face who would like the opportunity to join a close-knit successful team?
Are you looking to fit your working hours around the school day?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join Stafford Leys Primary School on a fixed term basis until 26th August 2024. The successful candidate will work as part of our caring and enthusiastic team at one of the most important parts of the school day. This role will be Monday to Friday, working 5 hours a week, during term time only.
As Midday Supervisor you will be expected to help supervise the children at lunchtime, ensuring the children are eating and playing in a safe, friendly environment. The post holder will be expected to lead games and interact with the children, whilst modelling excellent communication skills at all times.
We are looking for a calming individual who recognises the power of play and who has a positive attitude. This role is a rewarding one with a successful candidate having the opportunity to gain experience working in a school environment.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a compassionate staff member who possess the invaluable skill of actively listening to children’s concerns and problems
- Have the natural ability to build positive relationships with children. Someone who enjoys playing games and can create a fun and engaging environment
- Be a team player
- Have good communication skills
- Be kind and have a caring nature and someone who can assist with practical aspects like managing water bottle and lunch boxes
In return we offer:
- Opportunity to work within a supportive team
- Opportunities for career development with access to apprenticeship and training schemes
- Generous annual leave entitlements
- Access to the generous Local Government Pension Scheme (24% contribution by the employer)
- Employee Support Service (counselling) for employees and close family members (24/7 support)
- Employee Discount and Benefit Scheme
- Opportunity for an annual flu vaccination
If you would like to discuss this post or arrange a visit to the school to meet the Head Teacher, Caralyn Bignell, prior to applying
Application Closing Date: 9am, Wednesday 14th February 2024
Provisional Interview Date: Friday 16th February 2024
We look forward to receiving your application!
Bradgate Education Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are therefore expected to be-have in such a way that supports this commitment. As part of the Trust’s shortlisting process, all shortlisted candidates will be subject to an online search as part of our due diligence. Appointment to this post will also be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
WE ARE ALL UNIQUE…
At our Trust inclusion means everyone is welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We value individuality and uniqueness and aim to create a sense of belonging. We want an inclusive workplace that helps build the success of our pupils and reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
Stafford Leys Community Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.