Seagrave Village Primary School
Contracted Hrs: 27 hours per week
Working Wks: 39 (Term Time + Inset Days)
Grade: Grade 8, Pts 15 to 18
Salary: £16,561 to £18,034 per annum
Start Date: ASAP
Are you a highly organised individual with strong administration skills?
Are you looking to take the next step in your career, or looking for a new opportunity?
Would you like to work within a close-knit, supportive team with the opportunity to collaborate with other Office Managers in the Trust?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated and ambitious Office Manager to join Seagrave Village Primary School. We are looking for an individual with a strong vision and drive to build upon the school’s current success. This role will be a key one in ensuring our administration service to the school continues to operate to a high standards. The hours of work are Monday and Tuesday, 9am – 3.30pm and Wednesday – Friday, 10am – 3.30pm with a 30 minute lunch break each day. We are happy to discuss some flexibility in the timing for the right candidate.
As Office Manager you can expect to work closely with the Headteacher and SLT to ensure the smooth running of the day-to-day operation of the school ensuring the delivery of quality education to our pupils is supported. The Office Manager will work as part of the office team, working alongside a supportive and knowledgeable Administration Assistant. You will be responsible for a wide range of tasks such as school administration; finance; health and safety; and elements of Human Resources.
The successful candidate will join a small and friendly school with a family feel in a rural location with access to their own office with fabulous views. We have a tradition of strong teamwork and clear leadership that is committed to do whatever it takes to improve pupil outcomes. We pride ourselves on the strong positive relationships that we build with our pupils and their families.
We can offer you:
● A supportive team of colleagues
● A chance to be part of shaping the future of our school
● An established Inclusion Team; who are committed to providing the best education for our children
● Support and encouragement for your continued professional development with access to apprenticeship and training schemes
● Generous annual leave entitlements
● Access to the generous Local Government Pension Scheme (24% contribution by the employer)
● Employee Support Service (counselling) for employees and close family members (24/7 support)
● Employee Discount and Benefit Scheme
● Opportunity for an annual flu vaccination
This post is the perfect opportunity for someone who is looking to take the next step in their career, or for someone who is experienced looking for a new opportunity
The ideal candidate will:
● Be qualified to NVQ Level 3 in Business Administration or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience
● Have experience of working in a busy school office
● Have a friendly and welcoming persona
● Have excellent communication skills
● Have excellent literacy and numeracy skills
● Have a distinct focus on providing excellent customer service
● Be a highly organised and efficient individual with the ability to work to deadlines
● Have the ability to prioritise and multi-task varying competing demands
● Have experience of using Arbor, PSF, and Microsoft Office; although not essential and training will be provided
● Have Health and Safety knowledge
● Have safeguarding administration and SCR experience
● Have the ability to build positive relationships with pupils/parents/carers/staff/external agencies
●Be able to work with minimum supervision
If you would like to discuss this post or arrange a visit to the school please contact the Headteacher, Kate Litchfield, prior to applying.
To apply for this position:
1. Apply using the online application form
2. Submit a supporting statement outlining the reasons why you are applying and your suitability for the position
Application Closing Date: 9am, Monday 26th February 2024
Provisional Interview Date: Friday 1st March 2024
We look forward to receiving your application!
Bradgate Education Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are therefore expected to be-have in such a way that supports this commitment. As part of the Trust’s shortlisting process, all shortlisted candidates will be subject to an online search as part of our due diligence. Appointment to this post will also be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
WE ARE ALL UNIQUE…
At our Trust inclusion means everyone is welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We value individuality and uniqueness and aim to create a sense of belonging. We want an inclusive workplace that helps build the success of our pupils and reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
Seagrave Village Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.