Swallowdale Primary School
Contracted Hrs: 10
Working Wks: 39 weeks (Term Time + Inset Days)
Grade: Grade 2, Pt 2
Salary: £4,666 per annum
Start Date: 17th April 2023
Are you a hard-working individual with a can-do attitude?
Would you like to play a key role in ensuring the school is maintained to a high standard?
Are you looking for a role which fits around your other commitments?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Cleaner to join us at Swallowdale Primary School on a permanent basis working 10 hours per week, Monday to Friday 7am – 9am or 3pm – 5pm. We are happy to discuss specifics of agreed hours of work with candidates at interview stage.
The Cleaner will be responsible for performing a variety of regular and one-off cleaning tasks and duties, as directed by the Head Teacher, to ensure that a high level of cleanliness is maintained throughout the school on a daily basis.
This role is a rewarding one with a successful candidate having the opportunity to join an experienced team who ensure the school is maintained to a high standard to create an environment that is conducive to learning. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is looking for a new challenge or who wants to get back into the working environment, fitting the role around other commitments.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have the ability to manage their time effectively to complete tasks to a high level
• Have the ability to prioritise work
• Be able to work with minimum supervision
• Have the ability to work both alone and within a team
• Be reliable
• Have good communication skills
In return we offer:
• Opportunity to work within a supportive team
• Opportunities for career development with access to apprenticeship and training schemes
• Generous annual leave entitlements
• Access to the generous Local Government Pension Scheme (24% contribution by the employer)
• Employee Support Service (counselling) for employees and close family members (24/7 support)
• Employee Discount and Benefit Scheme
• Opportunity for an annual flu vaccination
If you would like to discuss this post or arrange a visit to the school please contact the Head Teacher, Samantha Harries, prior to applying.
To apply for the position:
1. Apply using the online application form
2. Submit a supporting statement outlining the reasons why you are applying and your suitability for the position
Application Closing Date: 9am, Monday 20th March 2023
Provisional Interview Date: Thursday 23rd March 2023
We look forward to receiving your application!
Bradgate Education Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are therefore expected to be-have in such a way that supports this commitment. As part of the Trust’s shortlisting process, all shortlisted candidates will be subject to an online search as part of our due diligence. Appointment to this post will also be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
WE ARE ALL UNIQUE…
At our Trust inclusion means everyone is welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We value individuality and uniqueness and aim to create a sense of belonging. We want an inclusive workplace that helps build the success of our pupils and reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
Swallowdale Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service).