SEN Learning Support Assistant
The Merton Primary School
Contracted Hrs: 28.75 per week
Working Wks: Term Time Only + Inset Days (39 weeks)
Grade: Grade 5, Pts 7 to 8
Salary: £12,752 to £13,008 per annum
Start Date: ASAP
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join The Merton Primary School. The SEN Learning Support Assistant will mainly be required to work with an individual child with special educational needs to provide care and encouragement, supporting them to participate in planned learning activities and to support their physical, intellectual, emotional and social development. The post holder will be required to assist generally in class when 1:1 support is not required.
The role of LSA within the school is an important and rewarding role, with the successful candidate providing vital support to those students who need it. The successful candidate will work as part of a professional team in supporting the teaching and learning for our pupils.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be someone who identifies with our Trust and school values
• Hold an NVQ Level 2 qualified or equivalent experience
• Have experience of supporting teaching and learning in an educational setting
• Have experience of supporting SEN in an educational setting is desirable
• Have knowledge of various health or SEND conditions and needs
• Have good literacy and numeracy skills
• Have the ability to provide the appropriate and professional support as required
In return we offer:
• Opportunity to work within a supportive team
• Opportunities for career development with access to apprenticeship and training schemes
• Generous annual leave entitlements
• Access to the generous Local Government Pension Scheme (24% contribution by the employer)
• Employee Support Service (counselling) for employees and close family members (24/7 support)
• Employee Discount and Benefit Scheme
• Opportunity for an annual flu vaccination
If you would like to discuss this post or arrange a visit to the school please contact the Head Teacher, Matt Lee.
To apply for one of the positions:
1. Apply using the online application form
2. Submit a supporting statement outlining the reasons why you are applying and your suitability for the position
Application Closing Date: 9am, Wednesday 5th October 2022
Provisional Interview Date: W/C 10th October 2022
We look forward to receiving your application!
Bradgate Education Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are therefore expected to be-have in such a way that supports this commitment. Appointment to this post will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
WE ARE ALL UNIQUE…
At our Trust inclusion means everyone is welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We value individuality and uniqueness and aim to create a sense of belonging. We want an inclusive workplace that helps build the success of our pupils and reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
The school has a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS clearance will be applied for and required for this position