SEN Learning Support Assistant
The Merton Primary School
Fixed Term Contract until 26th August 2024
Contracted Hrs: 28.75 hours per week
Working Wks: Term Time + Inset Days (39 weeks)
Grade: Grade 5, Pts 7 to 8
Salary: £14,026 to £14,283 per annum
Start Date: ASAP
Are you looking to gain experience in a classroom setting?
Are you looking to build a career that gives you a genuine sense of achievement and fulfilment?
Would you like to work as part of a resilient, successful, and hardworking team?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a SEN Learning Support Assistant to join The Merton Primary School on a fixed term basis until 26th August 2024, at which point it will be reviewed subject to continued funding. The post holder will be required to work 8:30am – 3:15pm, Monday to Friday.
The post holder will be required to work with children across all year groups, who have a range of special educational needs, providing dedicated support to specific children and also providing whole-class support in lessons under the direction of the Class Teacher.
We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills, who is adaptable to meet the needs of our pupils, with a willingness to learn. We are ideally looking for someone with SEN experience; however this is not essential. We will consider candidates who are looking for a job share role and this can be discussed at interview.
This role is a rewarding one with a successful candidate having the opportunity to positively develop and encourage our pupils in both their academic and social life. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to become part of a strong, experienced, well led SEN team and be supported to enhance and develop their own skillset via CPD opportunities.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be someone who identifies with our Trust and school values
• Hold an NVQ Level 2 qualification or equivalent experience
• Have experience of supporting SEN in an educational setting is desirable
• Have knowledge of various health or SEND conditions and needs
• Have good literacy and numeracy skills
• Have the ability to provide the appropriate and professional support as required
• Have excellent communication skills
In return we offer:
• Opportunity to work within a supportive team
• Opportunities for career development with access to apprenticeship and training schemes
• Generous annual leave entitlements
• Access to the generous Local Government Pension Scheme (24% contribution by the employer)
• Employee Support Service (counselling) for employees and close family members (24/7 support)
• Employee Discount and Benefit Scheme
• Opportunity for an annual flu vaccination
If you would like to discuss this post or arrange a visit to the school please contact the Head Teacher, Matt Lee prior to applying.
To apply for the position:
1. Apply using the online application form
2. Submit a supporting statement outlining the reasons why you are applying and your suitability for the position
Application Closing Date: 9am. Wednesday 27th September 2023
Provisional Interview Date: Tuesday 3rd October 2023
We look forward to receiving your application!
Bradgate Education Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are therefore expected to be-have in such a way that supports this commitment. As part of the Trust’s shortlisting process, all shortlisted candidates will be subject to an online search as part of our due diligence. Appointment to this post will also be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
WE ARE ALL UNIQUE…
At our Trust inclusion means everyone is welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We value individuality and uniqueness and aim to create a sense of belonging. We want an inclusive workplace that helps build the success of our pupils and reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
The school has a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS clearance will be applied for and required for this position