SEN Learning Support Assistant
Wreake Valley Academy
Contracted Hrs: 28.75 per week
Working Wks: Term Time + Inset Days (39 wks)
Grade: Grade 5, Pts 7 to 8
Salary: £15,427 to £15,685 per annum
Do you have a passion for education and enabling children and young adults to achieve to the highest of their ability?
Are you looking for a rewarding role in which you can make a real difference?
Would you like to work in a supportive team that values each individual’s contribution?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
We are looking for a confident, hard-working and committed Learning Support Assistant to join us at Wreake Valley Academy in the SENDco department. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about supporting all children to achieve their potential, no matter what individual challenges they may face.
The main focus of this role is to facilitate learning across the broad curriculum and to facilitate the building of positive and appropriate relationships with their peers; this may mean dealing with challenging behaviour. The successful candidate will assist the class teacher in delivering pupils’ education. This includes contributing to planning and preparation of differentiated resources and individual instruction. The Learning Support Assistant will support the learning of individual students within the classroom in all subjects.
This role is a rewarding one with a successful candidate having the opportunity to become part of the Bradgate Education Partnership family and will benefit from working with great students and alongside experienced, friendly and welcoming staff members. In addition, the successful candidate will have access to our CPD programme.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be NVQ Level 2 qualified or have equivalent experience of supporting teaching and learning in an educational setting
- Have good numeracy and literacy skills
- Have basic IT skills
- Have good influencing skills to encourage pupils to interact with others and be socially responsible
- Have high expectations and work to ensure that all children can succeed in their learning
- Be a team player
- Have a great sense of humour
In return we offer:
- Opportunity to work within a supportive team
- Opportunities for career development with access to apprenticeship and training schemes
- Generous annual leave entitlements
- Access to the generous Local Government Pension Scheme (24% contribution by the employer)
- Employee Support Service (counselling) for employees and close family members (24/7 support)
- Employee Discount and Benefit Scheme
- Opportunity for an annual flu vaccination
If you would like to discuss this post or arrange a visit to the school please contact the Acting Head Teacher, Ben Baxter, prior to applying
Application Closing Date: 9am, Tuesday 27th February 2024
Provisional Interview Date: Thursday 29th February 2024
We look forward to receiving your application!
Bradgate Education Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are therefore expected to be-have in such a way that supports this commitment. As part of the Trust’s shortlisting process, all shortlisted candidates will be subject to an online search as part of our due diligence. Appointment to this post will also be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
WE ARE ALL UNIQUE…
At our Trust inclusion means everyone is welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We value individuality and uniqueness and aim to create a sense of belonging. We want an inclusive workplace that helps build the success of our pupils and reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.