Teacher of Drama
Wreake Valley Academy
Tenure: Fixed Term until April 2025 (Maternity Cover)
Contracted Hrs: 100 %
Start Date: April 2024
Do you wish to inspire the next generation?
Are you an inspirational teacher with the ability to create a nurturing learning environment?
Would you like to work with a supportive team and have a positive impact on the young people we support?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
An opportunity has arisen for an engaging and dynamic Teacher of Drama to join us at Wreake Valley Academy to cover a period of maternity leave. This is an exciting opportunity for an outstanding, committed, and motivated teacher to join our exceptional Performing Arts Department and deliver a curriculum that is exciting, innovative, and inspiring.
The successful candidate will have the ability to motivate and inspire the students by using a range of effective teaching and learning styles to impart your enthusiasm of Drama in adherence with the wider curriculum requirements, with the ability to take a more central role in many extra curriculum theatrical activities for your learners.
Teaching experience will not be a determining factor as we also welcome applications from newly qualified teachers as well as more experienced teachers. We will develop every staff member that joins our team, providing one-to-one support, coaching and mentoring and access to extensive network training.
The ideal candidates will have:
- Qualified teaching status, and up to date and working knowledge of the teaching of Drama and appropriate resources which deliver outstanding teaching and learning opportunities.
- Genuine passion for and a belief in the potential of every pupil
- Good interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills and an ability to relate to people at all levels.
- An understanding of the need for equality of opportunity within a changing community
- The ability to motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative and encouraging lessons.
- A commitment to delivering extra-curricular opportunities.
In return we offer:
- Opportunity to work within a supportive team
- Opportunities for career development with access to apprenticeship and training schemes
- Generous annual leave entitlements
- Access to the generous Local Government Pension Scheme (24% contribution by the employer)
- Employee Support Service (counselling) for employees and close family members (24/7 support)
- Employee Discount and Benefit Scheme
- Opportunity for an annual flu vaccination
If you would like to discuss this post or arrange a visit to the school, please contact the Interim Headteacher Ben Baxter prior to applying
Application Closing Date: 9am, Monday 26th February 2024
Provisional Interview Date: Tuesday 27th February 2024
We look forward to receiving your application!
Bradgate Education Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are therefore expected to be-have in such a way that supports this commitment. As part of the Trust’s shortlisting process, all shortlisted candidates will be subject to an online search as part of our due diligence. Appointment to this post will also be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
WE ARE ALL UNIQUE…
At our Trust inclusion means everyone is welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We value individuality and uniqueness and aim to create a sense of belonging. We want an inclusive workplace that helps build the success of our pupils and reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.