Teacher of Maths
The Roundhill Academy
Contracted Hrs: 100%
Salary: MPS / UPS
Start Date: 27th August 2024
Are you an inspirational teacher with the ability to create a nurturing learning environment?
Do you wish to work in a school which strives to provide a broad enrichment programme to support students beyond the academic taught curriculum?
Are you looking to work for an organisation who is committed to promoting a healthy work-life balance?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Teacher of Maths to join The Roundhill Academy. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to join a strong, enthusiastic team in a smaller than average Secondary School with huge ambition.
We are looking for someone who is able to teach both Key Stage 3 and 4 and who has a willingness to take part in extra curricular opportunities.
Teaching experience will not be a determining factor - we welcome applications from newly qualified teachers (ECT’S) as well as more experienced candidates.
The successful candidate will be someone who identifies with our mission and values as well as being someone who will be dedicated to working in partnership with other schools and colleagues across the wider Trust. The successful candidate will be joining a well-established and friendly team of specialist teachers of mathematics who work collaboratively to ensure quality teaching.
The ideal candidate will:
• Hold QTS status
• Possess excellent subject knowledge with the ability to articulate their expertise within their teaching
• Possess the ability to teach high quality lessons and consistently provide learning opportunities that progresses students’ learning and achievements
• Be an excellent communicator and able to build positive working relationships with pupils, parents/carers and stakeholders
• Be a team player – whilst it is important as a secondary teacher to work independently, there are regular points of the working day and week where working alongside support staff and other teaching colleagues is vital, therefore working as part of a team that is supportive and effective is paramount to the role
In return we offer:
• Opportunity to work within a supportive team
• Access to the Bradgate Learning Alliance to share best practice, learn and network with other colleagues
• Opportunities for career development with access to professional development, apprenticeships and training schemes
• Access to the generous Teachers Pension Scheme
• Employee Support Service (counselling) for employees and close family members (24/7 support)
• Employee Discount and Benefit Scheme
• Opportunity for an annual flu vaccination
If you would like to discuss this post or arrange a visit to the school please contact the Interim Head Teacher, Natalie Teece, prior to applying:
To apply for this position:
1. Apply using the online application form
2. Submit a supporting statement outlining the reasons why you are applying and your suitability for the position
Application Closing Date: 9am, Friday 16th February 2024
Provisional Interview Date: W/C 29th February 2024
We look forward to receiving your application!
Bradgate Education Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are therefore expected to be-have in such a way that supports this commitment. As part of the Trust’s shortlisting process, all shortlisted candidates will be subject to an online search as part of our due diligence. Appointment to this post will also be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
WE ARE ALL UNIQUE…
At our Trust inclusion means everyone is welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We value individuality and uniqueness and aim to create a sense of belonging. We want an inclusive workplace that helps build the success of our pupils and reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
The Roundhill Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.