Teacher of Music
Wreake Valley Academy
Fixed Term Contract until 28th August 2023
Contracted Hrs: 100% (although part-time at 60% may be considered)
Start Date: 24th October 2022
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and highly effective Teacher of Music to join us at Wreake Valley Academy on a fixed term basis until 28th August 2023 to cover a period of maternity leave. This is a full-time position, however part-time working of 60%+ would be considered for the right candidate.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and inspirational individual to join our exceptional Performing Arts Department and deliver a music curriculum that is exciting, innovative and diverse. The successful candidate will ensure that the provision of music across the school builds on the current high standards.
Teaching experience will not be a determining factor - we welcome applications from newly qualified teachers as well as more experienced candidates. We will develop every staff member who joins our team, providing one-to-one support, coaching and mentoring and access to extensive network training.
The ideal candidate will:
• Hold QTS status
• Possess excellent subject knowledge with the ability to articulate their expertise within their teaching
• Possess the ability to teach high quality lessons and consistently provide learning opportunities that progresses students’ learning and achievements
• Be an excellent communicator and able to build positive working relationships with pupils, parents/carers and stakeholders
• Be a team player – whilst it is important as a secondary teacher to work independently, there are regular points of the working day and week where working alongside support staff and other teaching colleagues is vital, therefore working as part of a team that is supportive and effective is paramount to the role
In return we offer:
• Opportunity to work within a supportive team
• Access to the Bradgate Learning Alliance to share best practice, learn and network with other colleagues
• Opportunities for career development with access to professional development, apprenticeships and training schemes
• Access to the generous Teachers Pension Scheme
• Employee Support Service (counselling) for employees and close family members (24/7 support)
• Employee Discount and Benefit Scheme
• Opportunity for an annual flu vaccination
If you would like to discuss this post or arrange a visit to the school please contact the Head Teacher, Tim Marston.
To apply for one of the positions:
1. Apply using the online application form
2. Submit a supporting statement outlining the reasons why you are applying and your suitability for the position
Application Closing Date: 9am, Friday 23rd September 2022
Provisional Interview Date: Monday 26th September 2022
We look forward to receiving your application!
Bradgate Education Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are therefore expected to be-have in such a way that supports this commitment. Appointment to this post will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
WE ARE ALL UNIQUE…
At our Trust inclusion means everyone is welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We value individuality and uniqueness and aim to create a sense of belonging. We want an inclusive workplace that helps build the success of our pupils and reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.