Teacher of Religious Studies
Start Date: 23rd August 2021
We seek an ambitious and highly effective Teacher of Religious Studies to join us at The Roundhill Academy.
The purpose of the job will be to provide the highest possible quality of education for all local children, in order to ensure pupils from all backgrounds are able to succeed.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and ambitious person to develop their career and teaching experience will not be a determining factor - we welcome applications from newly qualified teachers as well as more experienced candidates. We will develop every staff member that joins our team, providing one-to-one support, coaching and mentoring and access to extensive network training.
The ideal candidates will have:
• Qualified teaching status, ideally previous experience teaching Religious Studies.
• Genuine passion for and a belief in the potential of every pupil
• The enthusiasm to combine subject matter expertise with a passion for teaching Religious Studies
• Good interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills and an ability to relate to people at all levels.
• An understanding of the need for equality of opportunity within a changing community
To apply for this position please use the online application form and submit your application along with a supporting statement to explain your suitability and reasons why you are applying for the role.
Application Closing Date: 9am, Monday 12th April 2021
Provisional Interview Date: W/C 12th April 2021
• We are committed to the safeguarding of our pupils, appointment to this post will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks being completed, this includes a criminal records (DBS check)
• Candidates must have the right to work in the UK to work for our Trust, you will be asked to provide this evidence if you are shortlisted for interview
• We are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of any of the protected characteristics or disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable
The Roundhill Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.