Teacher of Science
Wreake Valley Academy
Contracted Hrs: 100%
Salary: MPS / UPS
Start Date: 27th August 2024
Are you an inspirational teacher with the ability to create a nurturing learning environment?
Are you looking to work for an organisation who is committed to promoting a healthy work-life balance?
Would you like to inspire the next generation?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join Wreake Valley Academy to undertake the role of Teacher of Science. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated person with a confident understanding of the Science curriculum to teach pupils across Key Stages 3, 4 and 5 in ability sets.
This is an exciting opportunity to change lives in a challenging but highly rewarding environment. Our staff are committed and dedicated to helping establish and grow the school as an outstanding provision for young people with communication and interaction needs. If you are skilled and committed to adapting your teaching to meet the individual needs of students, come and join our team.
Teaching experience will not be a determining factor – we welcome applications from newly qualified teachers (ECT’S) as well as more experienced candidates.
This role is a rewarding one with a successful candidate having the opportunity to join a well-established and friendly team of specialist Teachers of Science, who work collaboratively to ensure quality teaching.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold QTS status
- Possess excellent subject knowledge with the ability to articulate their expertise within their teaching
- Possess the ability to teach high quality lessons and consistently provide learning opportunities that progresses students’ learning and achievements
- Be an excellent communicator and able to build positive working relationships with pupils, parents/carers and stakeholders
- Be a team player – whilst it is important as a secondary teacher to work independently, there are regular points of the working day and week where working alongside support staff and other teaching colleagues is vital, therefore working as part of a team that is supportive and effective is paramount to the role
In return we offer:
- Opportunity to work within a supportive team
- Access to the Bradgate Learning Alliance to share best practice, learn and network with other colleagues
- Opportunities for career development with access to professional development, apprenticeships and training schemes
- Access to the generous Teachers Pension Scheme
- Employee Support Service (counselling) for employees and close family members (24/7 support)
- Employee Discount and Benefit Scheme
- Opportunity for an annual flu vaccination
If you would like to discuss this post or arrange a visit to the school please contact the Interim Head Teacher Ben Baxter, prior to applying
Application Closing Date: 9am, Monday 26th February 2024
Provisional Interview Date: W/C 26th February 2024
We look forward to receiving your application!
Bradgate Education Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are therefore expected to be-have in such a way that supports this commitment. As part of the Trust’s shortlisting process, all shortlisted candidates will be subject to an online search as part of our due diligence. Appointment to this post will also be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
WE ARE ALL UNIQUE…
At our Trust inclusion means everyone is welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We value individuality and uniqueness and aim to create a sense of belonging. We want an inclusive workplace that helps build the success of our pupils and reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.