Teacher of Social Sciences
Fixed Term Contract until March 2024
Contracted Hrs: 100%
Start Date: 29th August 2023
Do you wish to inspire the next generation?
Are you an inspirational teacher with the ability to create a nurturing learning environment?
Are you looking to work for an organisation who is committed to promoting a healthy work-life balance?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
An opportunity has arisen for a Teacher of Social Sciences to join Wreake Valley Academy from 29th August 2023 on a fixed term basis to cover a period of maternity. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated person with a confident understanding of the Social Sciences/Humanities curriculum and current trends in teaching within this area.
The successful candidate will be someone who identifies with our mission and values as well as being someone who will be dedicated to working in partnership with other schools and colleagues across the wider Trust.
Teaching experience will not be a determining factor - we welcome applications from newly qualified teachers (ECT’S) as well as more experienced candidates.
The ideal candidate will:
• Hold QTS status
• Possess excellent subject knowledge with the ability to articulate their expertise within their teaching
• Possess the ability to teach high quality lessons and consistently provide learning opportunities that progresses students’ learning and achievements
• Be an excellent communicator and able to build positive working relationships with pupils, parents/carers and stakeholders
• Be a team player – whilst it is important as a secondary teacher to work independently, there are regular points of the working day and week where working alongside support staff and other teaching colleagues is vital, therefore working as part of a team that is supportive and effective is paramount to the role
In return we offer:
• Opportunity to work within a supportive team
• Access to the Bradgate Learning Alliance to share best practice, learn and network with other colleagues
• Opportunities for career development with access to professional development, apprenticeships and training schemes
• Access to the generous Teachers Pension Scheme
• Employee Support Service (counselling) for employees and close family members (24/7 support)
• Employee Discount and Benefit Scheme
• Opportunity for an annual flu vaccination
If you would like to discuss this post or arrange a visit to the school please contact the Head Teacher, Tim Marston prior to applying.
To apply for the position:
1. Apply using the online application form
2. Submit a supporting statement outlining the reasons why you are applying and your suitability for the position
Application Closing Date: 9am, Monday 5th June 2023
Provisional Interview Date: Friday 9th June 2023
We look forward to receiving your application!
Bradgate Education Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are therefore expected to be-have in such a way that supports this commitment. As part of the Trust’s shortlisting process, all shortlisted candidates will be subject to an online search as part of our due diligence. Appointment to this post will also be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
WE ARE ALL UNIQUE…
At our Trust inclusion means everyone is welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We value individuality and uniqueness and aim to create a sense of belonging. We want an inclusive workplace that helps build the success of our pupils and reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.