HEAD OF HOUSE
(MPS/UPS + TLR 1B, £10,586 per year)
Required From 1 September 2023
This is a wonderful opportunity for a colleague to join our thriving and successful school to assist us in achieving even
The school has been through change in recent years including joining the Lighthouse Schools Partnership (LSP) Multi
Academy Trust alongside a number of our feeder schools and Gordano and Backwell secondary schools.
The school has a distinctive character and ethos which is unashamedly child-centred and emotionally intelligent in the
way relationships are managed between staff, parents, students and governors. The school has a House system at the
heart of its culture with vertical tutoring as a key facilitator. There are four houses - Bilbie, Hauteville, Moreton and
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS:
- A genuine philosophy which underpins their commitment to education
- An unwavering commitment to setting a culture of improving learning and achievement
- The qualities needed to challenge, motivate and support students to achieve the highest standards
- The potential to use this job as a stepping stone into senior leadership if wished
IN TURN, WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A culture where all students feel valued
- A talented, hardworking and well-motivated staff
- A change to join the school at a key time and be part of the next stage of our development
- An opportunity to join a dedicated pastoral team
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 1 March 2023 at 9am.
The Lighthouse Schools Partnership – Chew Valley School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all in our community to share this commitment. Suitability to work with children and young people will form part of the selection process. As part of the shortlisting process an online search will be carried out. All appointments will be subject to vetting, including an enhanced DBS check.
We are also committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, particularly those from underrepresented groups.