Responsible to: Assistant Headteacher
Pay scale: NJC SO1 (23-25) £32,868 - £34,062
Work pattern: Full-time – Term Time Only + 10 Days
Required for: As soon as possible
Deadline to apply: 29 September 2022
Location of post: The Elmgreen School, SE27 9BZ
Thank you for your enquiry about the key post of Attendance Manager at The Elmgreen School. The Attendance Manager will be working with the Assistant Headteacher and Inclusion team, to devise and implement strategies to achieve and maintain excellent levels of attendance and punctuality. You will be required to work with students and families to ensure barriers to good attendance are tackled.
Ensuring excellent attendance and punctuality
1. Lead on monitoring and recording systems to ensure that the school meets its attendance targets.
2. Ensure that the school registration systems are developed and correctly administered and report on the quality of registers.
3. Take the lead with the Inclusion team to identify students at risk of poor attendance and check daily on attendance and punctuality for those identified students.
4. To compile and maintain casework files and facilitate regular case reviews to ensure that short and long term casework plans are realistic and achievable and administration is kept up to date.
Dunraven Educational Trust Overview
Dunraven Educational Trust (DET) was established in 2016. It now incorporates Dunraven’s All-Through School, Goldfinch Primary, The Elmgreen School, Rosendale Primary School and Van Gogh Primary. DET is a Trust committed to one overarching aim: excellence for and from everyone. This is an expectation for both the children and adults in a school community. It is achieved in a variety of ways according to the context of each school but within the clear framework established by the Trust.
If you are successful in your application, you will join a staff who are hard-working, committed, positive in outlook and dedicated to the achievement of our students. We offer:
● a high standard of professional practice, with bespoke in-house CPD provision, and affiliation to nationally recognised courses and providers;
● a supportive and collegiate environment,
● a culture of high trust and accountability that values creativity and innovation, leading practice locally and nationally in a range of fields.
The Elmgreen School is committed to the safety and protection of its students. An enhanced DBS check and a barred list check are conditions of employment for this post.
The Elmgreen School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.