Responsible to: Examinations Officer
Pay scale: £11.95 an hour
Work pattern: Casual
Deadline to Apply: Midday, Thursday 13 October 2022
Location of post: The Elmgreen School, SE27 9BZ
Thank you for your interest in the position of Exam Invigilator at The Elmgreen School. Exam Invigilators will supervise a range of external examinations. Previous experience is not required, but a wish to work with young people is essential. Training will be given.
To ensure the smooth and effective running of internal and external tests and examinations in examination rooms in accordance with all official regulations.
1. To ensure that the examination room is ready for the scheduled examination including checking that there are sufficient supplies of answer booklets, paper etc
2. To supervise the entrance and exit of candidates form the examination room and to ensure good order
3. To ensure that the examination is conducted in accordance with the rules and regulations proscribed by the school or the examination board and to make candidates aware of these rules
Dunraven Educational Trust Overview
Dunraven Educational Trust (DET) was established in 2016. It now incorporates Dunraven’s All-Through School, Goldfinch Primary, The Elmgreen School, Rosendale Primary School and Van Gogh Primary. DET is a Trust committed to one overarching aim: excellence for and from everyone. This is an expectation for both the children and adults in a school community. It is achieved in a variety of ways according to the context of each school but within the clear framework established by the Trust.
If you are successful in your application, you will join a staff who are hard-working,
committed, positive in outlook and dedicated to the achievement of our students. We offer:
- a high standard of professional practice, with bespoke in-house CPD provision, and affiliation to nationally recognised courses and providers;
- a supportive and collegiate environment,
- a culture of high trust and accountability that values creativity and innovation, leading practice locally and nationally in a range of fields.
The Elmgreen School is committed to the safety and protection of its students. An enhanced DBS check and a barred list check are conditions of employment for this post.
The Elmgreen School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.