Intervention and Release Teaching vacancy at The Greville Primary School, Ashtead, Surrey.
The post is ideal for an ambitious and highly motivated teacher to help run intervention groups, cover for PPA and leadership release.
We are looking for the role to start after Christmas, ideally full time, but part time would be considered. The position will be offered as a fixed term contract for the Spring and Summer 2024 terms, to cover maternity leave. Full time or four days a week.
The Greville is looking to appoint an excellent teacher who is passionate about teaching and working alongside our children. The successful applicant would join the ‘Greville family’ to work in a successful and supportive primary school. Our Ofsted report noted:
‘’Your shared vision of ‘inspire nurture achieve’ sits at the heart of the culture of the school. At the start of the school day, parents made very clear to me that belonging to the ‘Greville family’ mattered to them. They also made clear to me that they appreciate and admire the total loyalty and dedication of your staff team, who are prepared to ‘go the extra mile’ to ensure their children are happy.
The behaviour of pupils I witnessed was never less than exemplary. They were very keen to share their views of the school when asked. They appreciate the care afforded them by staff, telling me that adults always listen to their point of view.
This is a happy school where children enjoy learning, benefiting from good- quality teaching across all curriculum subjects. Provision for sport and the arts is particularly strong.’’
We are a large primary school with two forms of entry at KS1 and four forms of entry at KS2. We have great facilities and school grounds. Working in large year group teams reduces workload and you will have the opportunity to work, learn and plan with experienced and supportive teachers.
We are a welcoming and established team: some of our senior team started here and developed their career from ECT right through to leadership. We are looking for team players to join us who are confident, adaptable and able to embrace change.
- A friendly, energetic and happy team who will welcome and support you
- Well behaved and enthusiastic learners
- Shared PPA time with your Year Group Team
- A bright, vibrant atmosphere with great facilities and resources
- Freedom to personalise learning and experiences for your children
- High quality CPD and induction
- Support to develop highly effective teaching practice
- The chance to work with a variety of staff in different roles
- The opportunity to develop your career in a school which grows its own leaders
- Fantastic grounds with an all-weather sports pitch
- Opportunities to lead extra-curriculum activities
- Teaching assistant support in the classroom
- Laptops for teachers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Have enthusiasm and the passion to lead your pupils to success
- Have an ability to make the curriculum come alive through your imagination and your creative teaching
- Have a sense of fun and be willing to become part of our happy team
- Show initiative and be able to work and communicate effectively with staff, parents and pupils
We encourage you to check out our social media – we are on Instagram.
If you would like to find out more about our school, please contact our school office to book a date and time. We would be delighted to show you how we inspire, nurture and motivate our pupils to achieve. Visits are strongly recommended.
We reserve the right to invite candidates for interview prior to the closing date. We would therefore recommend that you submit your application as early as possible. Please also be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/ interviews have taken place.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a particularly strong candidate.
Please refer to our recruitment privacy notice for information on the data we collect as part of our recruitment and selection process.
An Enhanced DBS check and a social media profile online search will be sought as part of the pre-employment screening process for the successful candidate.
The Greville Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion. An Enhanced DBS check will be sought from the successful candidate.