We wish to appoint a motivated, flexible, enthusiastic and skilled Learning Assistant to join our dedicated team.
- Are you an experienced Learning Assistant with a good understanding of current practice?
- Are you an aspiring Learning Assistant with relevant transferable skills?
- Are you proactive and willing to go “above and beyond” to achieve the best outcomes for our children?
- As a Learning Assistant you will:
- Work closely with the class teachers and Year Group Leader to resource and support children’s learning across the curriculum.
- Help create learning opportunities where pupils can expand their knowledge and reach their potential, irrespective of ability.
- Will respond positively to the challenges of day to day school life and be a strong team player.
- Teach children on a 1:1 basis, or as a small group.
The post is offered on a fixed term contract (linked to funding) to 31st August 2024.
Ideally full time 28.75 hours per week, 5 days a week Monday to Friday, term time. Hours: 8.45am – 3.30pm + inset days. FTE salary £21,269 (pro rata salary £14,525.09).
You will be additionally working 2.5 hours per week as a Midday Assistant 12.30 – 1.30pm Mon to Fri, annual FTE salary £21,269 (pro rata salary £1,243.42).
Consideration would be given for part time hours, 18.75 hours per week, 5 days a week Monday to Friday, term time. Hours: 8.45am – 12.30pm + inset days. FTE salary £21,269 (pro rata salary £9,472.66).
If you are a part time, morning only Learning Assistant you will additionally work 5 hours per week as a Midday Assistant 12.30 – 1.30pm Mon to Fri, annual FTE salary £21,269 (pro rata salary £2,486.78).
The Greville Primary School is a large, friendly and supportive Primary School. We are a very popular school and highly valued by children, pupils, parents and Governors.
We are looking for a colleague who are able to work independently and who also enjoy working collaboratively, under the guidance of teaching staff. You will be delivering high quality support, focusing on improving outcomes for our pupils.
Hours and days for these roles are non-negotiable, due to the standard timetable pattern across the school for all classroom support staff.
We are looking for someone who;
- Is enthusiastic and passionate about children’s learning
- Enjoys making activities fun in order to inspire, motivate, engage and enthuse our pupils to love learning
- Possesses excellent numeracy and literacy skills (GCSE or equivalent level C or above in Maths and English)
- Has a range of effective positive behaviour management strategies
- Who would be able to assist Teachers in assessing pupils’ progress
- Has high expectations of themselves and pupils' achievements
- Has patience, calmness, initiative and resilience.
- Is an excellent team player with good communication skills and an ability to work flexibly, alongside a range of children and adults
- Is willing to contribute to the broader life of the school community
- Has experience of working with primary age children
- Understands the physical, emotional, social and educational needs of young children
- Has a warm nurturing personality and an understanding and commitment to the families and children in our community
Any successful applicant will be required to undertake enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Clearance.
Please refer to our recruitment privacy notice for information on the data we collect as part of our recruitment and selection process.
An Enhanced DBS check and a social media profile online search will be sought as part of the pre-employment screening process for the successful candidate.
All short listed applicants will need to provide evidence of Maths and English qualification grade C or above at GCSE or equivalent at the interview.
We reserve the right to invite candidates for interview and appoint prior to the closing date. We would therefore recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
The Greville Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion. An Enhanced DBS check will be sought from the successful candidate.