The Hermitage School is a three form entry Junior school with a total of 360 children, and appropriately 50 full time and part time staff. The Orchard Centre within the school offers specialist provision for up to 18 children with special educational needs or disabilities and whose primary need is moderate learning difficulty.
The school is located on the Hermitage Estate, close to the heart of St. John’s village, and only several minutes’ walk from the beautiful Basingstoke canal.
Whilst we have a strong and stable team at The Hermitage School, inevitably there are occasional jobs that become available, particularly at the start of the new academic year. We particularly like to support NQTs, but are also interested in hearing from more experienced teachers, who may be thinking of moving to the area.
If you are interested in submitting a CV then please join our School Talent Pool or call us on 01483 472047 to arrange a visit
Sorry, we are currently not recruiting for any vacancies
We would love you to join our Talent Pool so we can contact you when the right vacancy arises.
The Hermitage School is a great place to work:
- Being innovative, dynamic and supportive
- Well resourced, and is a great learning environment
- Has a strong emphasis on teamwork
- Has a holistic approach to learning
- Places an emphasis on life-long learning so pupils and staff can become the best they can be
Some of the many benefits of contracted staff working for The Hermitage School include:
• A generous pension scheme - Our staff are automatically enrolled into either the Teachers Pension Scheme or Surrey’s Local Government Pension Scheme (whichever is appropriate)
• Car Parking Free off-road, secure parking is available on site.
• A recently refurbished Staff room - For your enjoyment, we have a large and comfortable staff room, with all the modern kitchen facilities, including an instant water boiler – so no waiting for the kettle to boil! Additionally, we have Wi-Fi which can be used in the staff room.
• A purpose built PPA room - This room, next to the staff room, provides privacy and a quiet space for teaching staff to work and prepare when not in the classroom.
• Continued Professional Development (CPD) The Hermitage School recognises the importance of CPD, and as such send staff on external courses and undertake regular in-house training sessions.
• Surrey Extra - The Hermitage School staff can join Surrey Extra at no cost and benefit from a range of benefits including: - Up to 20% discounted shopping vouchers and pre-loaded cards for many of your favourite shops - Cycle to work scheme - Discounted cinema tickets - Health checks and much more!
If you are searching for your next teaching post, why not contact us now? You will be working at a great school and be part of a friendly, helpful team. We're always interested to hear from enthusiastic, committed teachers - send us your CV now via our School Talent Pool and say what sort of role you're looking for.
Woking is a great place to live and work, with a vibrant and thriving business and shopping centre, all surrounded by beautiful leafy Surrey countryside. There are great communication and transportation links, not far from the M3 or M25 and trains into London can be as quick as 20 minutes.
To find out more about Woking visit the Woking Council website