School Business Administrator
Salary: £21,600 - £25,000 per annum (£10,800 - £12,500 pro-rata).
Hours: 18.5 hours per week (part-time), 52 weeks a year.
Contract: Fixed term, until 21/07/2023.
This role is based across two sites, on a two-week (3-2 and 2-3) site rota. However, flexibility can be provided if necessary:
- Catch22, Include Primary School Ipswich (IP8 3AS)
- Catch22, Include Primary School Bury St Edmunds (IP33 1EL)
At Catch22, we are proud of our reputation as a modern and progressive employer. Our 1,300 colleagues and 300 volunteers work at every stage of the social welfare cycle, supporting over 64,000 individuals from cradle to career.
Catch22 Include schools help vulnerable young people with challenging behaviours to realise their full potential.
The Catch22 Include Suffolk School provides a safe, nurturing environment for students who have been unable to sustain a place in mainstream education. By prioritising academic achievement and introducing behaviour interventions and therapeutic support where necessary, we enable them to re-integrate at the same key stage as their peers, and go on to access opportunities in employment and further education.
About the Role:
The School Business Administrator has a crucial role within the school. As part of the School Management Team, the post holder will support the Headteacher to ensure that policies, procedures, and compliance, are adhered to at all times, to provide our students with a safe and positive learning environment.
- To be an active member of the school’s Management Team, making key decisions to support the development and improvement of the school.
- To support the Headteacher and School Managers in all aspects of Finance, People Services (including training and induction), Premises, Health & Safety, and ICT issues.
- To support in the operation, maintenance, and development, of financial procedures and systems of the school, in conjunction with the Headteacher. Making recommendations for improvement where appropriate.
- To ensure, in conjunction with the Headteacher, that Legal and Health & Safety requirements with regards to people, property, and the function of the school, are maintained.
- To be responsible for all examination administration and support, with appropriate compliance.
- To support ensuring that safeguarding policies and procedures are adhered to.
- To ensure, in conjunction with the Headteacher, that the management and maintenance of the school site, and its buildings, are efficient and fit for purpose.
- To liaise with relevant members of the Local Authority (LA), and other commissioners, in matters relating to school finance, premises, and personnel.
- Educated to degree level.
- A qualification in School Business Management, or a relevant professional qualification in Financial Management and/or Human Resources, at level 5.
- Good practical knowledge of common ICT software packages, especially MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc).
- Experience of setting up and administering school information management systems.
- Experience of preparing a wide range of statistical information, in a variety of formats.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Able to prioritise work, with the ability to work effectively to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to support a multi-disciplinary team.
- Display commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children and young people.
Unless otherwise stated, interviews will be arranged as suitable candidates are identified, so early application is strongly advised.
Catch22 Independent school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice will be followed and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
At Catch22 we value equality, diversity and inclusion. We are wholeheartedly committed to the principle of equality of opportunity, both as an employer and as a provider of services. Diversity and Inclusion is part of what we do every day, working to deliver our vision to build a strong society where everyone has good people around them, a purpose, and a good place to live.