Saxon Primary School, based in Shepperton, Middlesex, is a friendly school with a diverse catchment and a wonderful team spirit. The whole school team is committed to ensuring a safe and happy environment where children love learning and thrive.
We are looking to appoint a teaching assistant to work one to one with a pupil that has Special Educational Needs in the morning, Monday to Friday. This is a fixed term contract ending 31st August 2023.
Working Hours – 22.5 hours per week, term time only, to be worked as follows:
08:30am to 1:15pm Monday- Friday (15 minutes unpaid break daily)
• A Good school with Outstanding leadership (Ofsted, June 2019)
• A cohesive school, where staff and governors are supportive
• A Growth-Mindset school, which has a mindful approach to learning
What we offer:
• A team of staff committed to supporting you
• Opportunities to attend training with other Teaching Assistants in local schools
• Opportunities to study for the Higher Level Teaching Assistant Qualification
• Support for those that wish to further their career in teaching
• Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme (defined benefit scheme)
We are looking particularly for someone who has:
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• High level of personal and emotional resilience
• Lots of patience
• Capacity to be flexible
• Ability and confidence to use initiative whilst respecting advice from professionals
• Ability to provide intimate care if required
Closing date for applications: Monday 26th September 2022, 09:00am
Interviews: Wednesday 28th September 2022
How to apply: Please complete the application form found on eteach; we do not accept CVs.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974. If you are appointed you will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. You are required to declare any cautions, convictions, reprimands or final warnings which are not protected (i.e. that are not filtered out*), as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended). You are also required to disclose any pending criminal proceedings against you or current police investigations, including those relating to other employment or matters outside work. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from taking up appointment; it will depend on the nature of the offence(s) and their relevance to the post you are applying for. However, should you not declare any of the above and this is subsequently revealed, for example through the DBS check, then this may place your employment in jeopardy. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence and with due regard to the ROA and data protection legislation.
Lumen Learning Trust is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. To achieve this, we will ensure continuous improvement and development of robust Safeguarding processes and procedures that promote a culture of Safeguarding amongst our staff and volunteers. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references, it is an offence to apply for this role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children. Please note that under safer recruitment practices Lumen Learning Trust cannot accept CVs or letters in place of completed application forms.
We welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.